"Just be yourself and have a great time", the singer says. "Even this conversation shows our obsession of the standard we hold women", she said.
Alicia went makeup-free in a photoshoot for her new album, which led to a major realization for the star.
"You don't have to", Keys stressed to Hall, as all three anchors grabbed some moist towelettes. There is power in a woman showing the world her naked face, and part of that power comes from announcing that she is setting the bar exactly where she wants it to be: her presence, unadorned, stripped of the slashes of color that we've come to expect on the female face.
After a whirlwind week of defending her choice to go makeup-free, Alicia Keys made an appearance on the Today Show Friday morning to once again explain her reasoning for going bare.
None of the backlash is stopping her unplanned movement, however. "I think that's something we kind of battle with through our whole lives and so I think that's the biggest difference for me right now and I'm loving it. In modern society, it is unfortunate that we believe this to be true". Singer Adele, whose thick black-winged eyeliner has become her trademark, as much as her platinum album-generating voice, went makeup free in an Instagram video, where she apologised to her 17 million followers for cancelling a show in Phoenix, Arizona.
She continues to say how fantastic it would be for everyone to embrace one another as they are. "I think the most important thing is you do what feels good for you".
"You're so attractive, look at you". Alicia sometimes just takes a break on the foundation and mascara, but more and more often, as she did for the VMAs red carpet. She wrote about the growing anxiety she felt throughout her career when she refused to wear makeup. "Some of you girls look like Krusty the Clown without makeup".
- Hillary Clinton Responds to Donald Trump's Message to African American Voters
- North Korea treats a diplomat defector "human waste"
- Trump's doctor says he wrote note in five minutes
- Trump keeps saying all the wrong things to 'the blacks'
- New OS version coming to Galaxy Note 7 in October or November
- Rio 2016: USA women storm to team gymnastics gold
- Donald Trump releases his first campaign TV ad
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Dwayne Johnson leaves Vin Diesel out of Fast 8 thank you list
- Winnipegger Chantal 4x100 swimming freestyle relay at Rio Games