A select number of performances from last night's MTV Video Music Awards have begun appearing in official form on Vevo's website, its app and on artist channels via YouTube, a first-of-its-kind partnership for the music video rivals.
Rihanna - who was born in Barbados - said: "MTV, this is such an awesome night, it's such an incredible moment in my career". Swift herself was not in attendance to react, nor did she reply at press time.
And as usual, she delivered a flawless performance. She was joined by rapper G-Eazy - and she lip synched the hook to his hit song, "Me, Myself and I". Maybe she didn't feel comfortable kissing him in front of millions of MTV viewers.
Before the VMAs, Drake rented out a huge billboard in Los Angeles and congratulated her on being this year's recipient of the coveted Video Vanguard award.
The meeting took place backstage at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards. West used the allotted time to debut a highly stylized, "Flashdance"-inspired music video for "Fade", from his latest album, "The Life of Pablo". "I was introduced to her as a kid who played background music at the restaurant as people ate their dinner".
It was like a walk back through her musical career over the past decade. The pair then exchanged a sweet, if sl.
Canadian rapper Drake presented Rihanna with her trophy.
In an homage to "Flashdance", the athletic Taylor - dressed like a boxer - danced in a revealing outfit, shining with moisture among heavy weight machines and punching bags.
The 29-year-old rapper won the Best Hip Hop Video accolade for his song "Hotline Bling" at Madison Square Garden in NY but was unable to collect his prize as he was held up. Those are some major workout goals.
No stranger to taking streetwear styles to the next level, the "Needed Me" singer proved once again she's the queen of turning any place into a runway.
Kanye - who famously interrupted Taylor's acceptance speech when she picked up the Best Female Video award at the 2009 VMAs in which he said his friend Beyoncé should have won - went on to subtly mock the "Blank Space" hitmaker, who didn't attend this year's ceremony.
If you don't love (or at least respect) what Kanye is doing, you haven't been paying attention. Rihanna performed four songs, big victor Beyonce delivered as per usual, and Britney Spears' comeback grabbed attention too.
- Trump suggests general election could 'be rigged'
- Brock Lesnar, Jon Jones facing only one-year suspensions
- United States men romp past China 119-62 in Olympic basketball opener
- Sports digest: Earnhardt Jr. says he's not ready to quit NASCAR
- Watch as Usain Bolt wins the 100m Olympic final in style
- Hillary Clinton Responds to Donald Trump's Message to African American Voters
- Donald Trump releases his first campaign TV ad
- Clinton camp fires back at Trump tweet
- Dwayne Johnson leaves Vin Diesel out of Fast 8 thank you list
- Chicago Police Department Release Dashcam: Paul O'Neal's Murder