Justin Timberlake got out early to vote and while he may have had the best of intentions at the time, it seems as if the singer may have actually broken the law. "Choose to have a voice!" he added.
"If by chance you're taking a selfie to encourage others with your ballot, we hope that helps to drive others out to do the same", Grimes said. Get out and VOTE!
What's wrong with that?
Last year, Tenn. Gov. Bill Haslam signed a bill that prohibited photos or videos inside polling locations, but granted the use of phones for "informational purposes to assist the voter in making election decisions". Now he could face 30 days in jail and/or a $50 fine.
Here's the evidence, and some reaction.
But later District Attorney General Amy Weirich said her office's statement was "incorrect" and released without her knowledge.
Many states still disagree - including Tennessee, which past year passed the law that Timberlake violated. "No one in our office is now investigating this matter nor will we be using our limited resources to do so", he said.
Unfortunately, some controversy came up when the selfie of Timberlake casting his ballot was posted.
However, the DA's office later clarified to TMZ that the incident will no longer be investigated on since there is no apparent complainant. Timberlake captioned the Instagram. Taking photographs in the actual booth - even one teeny tiny celebrity Instagram - is apparently illegal in his home state of Tennessee, where the singer voted.
It is not known how Timberlake voted, but he and his wife, Jessica Biel, recently stepped in to host a Hollywood fundraiser for Hillary Clinton after Leonardo DiCaprio dropped out.
Metro.co.uk has contacted the Attorney's office and reps for Justin Timberlake for comment.
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- New Jersey approves 23 cent gas tax hike
- NY polls: 2016 election projections for NY
- Korea fires another missile in five days, ends in failure
- Clinton proposes closing real estate loophole, not Trump
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Kanye West Reschedules Detroit Tour Date After Kim's Paris Robbery
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- Rob Kardashian No Longer Has Type 2 Diabetes
- Half of Republicans say they would reject a Clinton victory