Tuesday night President Obama gave his final speech to the nation in his tearful farewell address.
²Teachers of America, Sasha Obama should receive a special award from you because she is the example you can use from now on to reject any student's excuse for missing an exam or homework deadline. The Obama family will move into an eight-bedroom, nine-and-a-half-bathroom home in the exclusive Kalorama neighborhood until their youngest graduates from school, according to Town & Country magazine.
"You are smart, and you are handsome, but more importantly, you are kind, and you are thoughtful, and you are full of passion", Obama told them.
While Obama will be leaving the White House after serving eight years as America's first African American President, he won't be leaving service, he said, vowing to be "right there with you, as a citizen" for his remaining days.
Just as President Obama rehashed his original campaign slogan saying, "Yes we did, yes we can", Michelle Obama's gorgeous dress was a nod to the past.
"He's like, 'You sounded pretty good.' I was like, 'Thank you, '" he said.
Obama "had hoped to be talking about passing on the baton to fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton", The Guardian says. "And a new generation sets its sights higher because it has you as a role model", he said.
In order to change the tide, Obama said, laws must be upheld against discrimination in all aspects of everyday life and in how government functions, in addition to changing hearts and minds, and bridging gaps of understanding of people in various other identity groups. President Obama used part of his farewell address in Chicago to give praise to his two daughters, Sasha and Malia. In 2008, Obama listed the song as one of his top 10 favorites.
Inevitably, though, the address was going to be haunted by Obama's successor, and it was.
However he admitted that more needs to be done to help make relationships between different groups of people in America stronger - as the country still suffers from racial prejudice.
It is a U2 song, of all things, that has faithfully followed Barack Obama's remarkable journey to the White House-and now, a decade later, out of it. "I love you Barack. -mo". The black and white photograph features the adorable Malia and Sasha twinning in coordinating white outfits while sitting on their proud parents' laps.
We'll miss this family.
- Missiles fired at USA warship near Yemen in third such incident
- Trump's Campaign Backfires As Hillary Clinton Attracts Millions of New Voters
- "GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS" — Ben Carson MSNBC
- Latest 'Jack Reacher' is mediocre, say critics
- Half of Republicans say they would reject a Clinton victory
- Trump Takes Potshots at Michelle Obama
- Kanye West Reschedules Detroit Tour Date After Kim's Paris Robbery
- Filipino activists clash with police at anti-US rally
- Three New Polls Shatter The Myth That The Presidential Election Is Tightening
- Donald Trump calls for an investigation into Obama after latest WikiLeaks revelations