Tuesday night President Obama gave his final speech to the nation in his tearful farewell address.
²Teachers of America, Sasha Obama should receive a special award from you because she is the example you can use from now on to reject any student's excuse for missing an exam or homework deadline. The Obama family will move into an eight-bedroom, nine-and-a-half-bathroom home in the exclusive Kalorama neighborhood until their youngest graduates from school, according to Town & Country magazine.
"You are smart, and you are handsome, but more importantly, you are kind, and you are thoughtful, and you are full of passion", Obama told them.
While Obama will be leaving the White House after serving eight years as America's first African American President, he won't be leaving service, he said, vowing to be "right there with you, as a citizen" for his remaining days.
Just as President Obama rehashed his original campaign slogan saying, "Yes we did, yes we can", Michelle Obama's gorgeous dress was a nod to the past.
"He's like, 'You sounded pretty good.' I was like, 'Thank you, '" he said.
Obama "had hoped to be talking about passing on the baton to fellow Democrat Hillary Clinton", The Guardian says. "And a new generation sets its sights higher because it has you as a role model", he said.
In order to change the tide, Obama said, laws must be upheld against discrimination in all aspects of everyday life and in how government functions, in addition to changing hearts and minds, and bridging gaps of understanding of people in various other identity groups. President Obama used part of his farewell address in Chicago to give praise to his two daughters, Sasha and Malia. In 2008, Obama listed the song as one of his top 10 favorites.
Inevitably, though, the address was going to be haunted by Obama's successor, and it was.
However he admitted that more needs to be done to help make relationships between different groups of people in America stronger - as the country still suffers from racial prejudice.
It is a U2 song, of all things, that has faithfully followed Barack Obama's remarkable journey to the White House-and now, a decade later, out of it. "I love you Barack. -mo". The black and white photograph features the adorable Malia and Sasha twinning in coordinating white outfits while sitting on their proud parents' laps.
We'll miss this family.
- Latest 'Jack Reacher' is mediocre, say critics
- Filipino activists clash with police at anti-US rally
- Trump Threatens to Skip Remaining Debates If Hillary Is There
- NY polls: 2016 election projections for NY
- El Paso shatters Day One Early Voting Numbers
- United Kingdom may pay $6 billion for European Union trade post-Brexit, report says
- Donald Trump Tries to Criticize Michelle Obama, But He Has Zero Receipts
- Korea fires another missile in five days, ends in failure
- Justin Timberlake in hot water over USA election vote selfie
- Watch Obama's response to Trump's mean tweet on Jimmy Kimmel