Cruz ends his seven-season career Giants career with 303 receptions for 4,549 yards and 25 touchdowns.
Cruz, 30, played in 15 games during the 2016 season. While last season wasn't a bad year for Cruz, he was a shell of the star who dominated NY with his rags to riches story.
Obviously, Cruz's body of work in the 2016 season might not inspire much confidence.
He had no immediate comment on the Giants' decision Monday.
In his final season in New York, Cruz hauled in 39 catches for 586 yards and one touchdown. The wide receiver was looking to enter the 5th year of a six-year deal he signed back in 2013. During a Week 6 game against the Eagles, Cruz went down with a torn patellar tendon, ending not only his 2014 season, but also helped keep him sidelined for all of 2015.
Cruz would bring championship experience and a professionalism that head coach John Harbaugh might like to see in his receiving corps.
NY moved Cruz back to a slot role this season, but rookie Sterling Shepard overtook the job as the season progressed.
Victor Cruz has parted ways with the Giants, this time for good, it seems.
Now 31 years of age, Jennings will look to find a new team in free agency as the Giants move forward with the 22-year-old Perkins.
The selection and quick success of Sterling Shepard made Cruz expendable.
Even with that said, there's little question that Cruz will land on his feet and will get another chance to prove that he's still got it. His career may not be over but barring a significant pay cut, his Giants legacy is now officially written.
- Trump to Talk Security, Air-Traffic Control With Airline Chiefs
- Trump's Campaign Backfires As Hillary Clinton Attracts Millions of New Voters
- Latest 'Jack Reacher' is mediocre, say critics
- Three New Polls Shatter The Myth That The Presidential Election Is Tightening
- WikiLeaks email PROVES Obama lied about EmailGate
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Donald Trump calls for an investigation into Obama after latest WikiLeaks revelations
- Trump Takes Potshots at Michelle Obama
- US diplomat says Philippines an ally, but drug killings a
- United Kingdom may pay $6 billion for European Union trade post-Brexit, report says