If you recall, last month Muhammad Ali, Jr., and mother, Khalilah Camacho-Ali, the second wife of Muhammad Ali, were detained by immigration officials at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
One day after speaking with members of Congress about his experience being detained at an airport last month, Muhammad Ali Jr. was briefly stopped from boarding his flight home.
Ali and his mother were in Washington to speak at a forum organized by Democratic lawmakers to discuss President Trump's immigration policy, which many have criticized for introducing what's been called a "Muslim ban".
According to his attorney, Chris Mancini, Ali Jr. had to present documents, including a license and passport, to prove his citizenship.
Ali believes he's being stopped because he's a Muslim.
The agent eventually told Ali Jr. that the ID he presented was not acceptable, even though, according to Mancini, he had recently used it to travel to New York City and on his flight to DC from Florida.
Later on, a photo surfaced via social media, featuring Ali and congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida's 23rd District, posing on a plane.
"I got harassed again", Ali said in a telephone interview. "Law enforcement does." The agency could not confirm why Ali was stopped at the ticket counter. They further added that he was not detained as they do not have the authority to carry out that action. He was then given a "targeted" pat down and "cleared" to travel.
But Mancini called that story a "pack full of lies", saying Ali had to talk to the Department of Homeland Security on the phone for about 20 minutes before he could proceed to security. After 11 minutes, he was eventually cleared and sent to the security checkpoint.
The son of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali says he has been detained at a US airport for the second time. "We criticized DHS and Trump". Her son didn't have a photo to prove his famous pedigree, even though he does hold a US passport and was born in Philadelphia.
- Donald Trump calls for an investigation into Obama after latest WikiLeaks revelations
- United States vows all-out defense against 'grave' North Korean threat
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Victor Cruz and Rashad Jennings cut by the New York Giants
- Trump's Campaign Backfires As Hillary Clinton Attracts Millions of New Voters
- America, meet your new first lady
- Donald Trump Tries to Criticize Michelle Obama, But He Has Zero Receipts
- Clinton proposes closing real estate loophole, not Trump
- US diplomat says Philippines an ally, but drug killings a
- El Paso shatters Day One Early Voting Numbers