State authorities and the Federal Bureau of Investigation say 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas willingly got in the vehicle of former teacher Tad Cummins on Monday after he allegedly went to pick her up at a Maury County restaurant and took off.
Without many leads, TBI agents are afraid the teen, may no longer be in Tennessee. If you spot Cummins vehicle with a Tennessee license plate 976-ZPT, call 911.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is now expanding its search for missing teenager Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas. She said she had no idea he would do anything like this.
They say they suspended Cummins on February 6 for insubordination.
They also released surveillance video of Cummins filling up his gas tank before leaving with Thomas. She was last seen wearing leggings and a flannel shirt.
Attorney Jason Whatley said school officials knew a day later but allowed Cummins to keep teaching until February 6 while they investigated, the paper reported Thursday.
On his Twitter account, Cummins describes himself, in part, as a 'Jesus freak, ' husband, father and grandfather. A reward has been offered for any information that may lead to an arrest. They also added, "Having last been seen on Monday morning, the individuals could, frankly, be anywhere". Cummmins is a former teacher of Thomas, and has now been charged with aggravated kidnapping.
Authorities say that 50-year-old Tad Cummins kidnapped Elizabeth Thomas - a student at the school where Cummins taught until this week- on March 13 and that she is in imminent danger. She is 5 feet 5 inches inches tall and weighs 120 lbs., with blonde hair and hazel eyes.
Cummins is a white male with brown hair and brown eyes, 6′ tall and weighs approximately 200 lbs. The school district suspended Cummins when the allegations surfaced and terminated his employment Tuesday.
Anyone with information on the pair's whereabouts is being asked to call the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND, or the Maury County, Tennessee, sheriff at 931-375-8654.
- Trump to Talk Security, Air-Traffic Control With Airline Chiefs
- Half of Republicans say they would reject a Clinton victory
- WikiLeaks email PROVES Obama lied about EmailGate
- Victor Cruz and Rashad Jennings cut by the New York Giants
- Trump's Campaign Backfires As Hillary Clinton Attracts Millions of New Voters
- Missiles fired at USA warship near Yemen in third such incident
- Latest 'Jack Reacher' is mediocre, say critics
- United States vows all-out defense against 'grave' North Korean threat
- Samsung Galaxy S7: Many worrying bugs on the screen
- 500 kg Egyptian woman reaches Mumbai to 'lose' weight