Fox News reporter and life-long finger-pointer Geraldo Rivera has had an issue with Kendrick Lamar ever since he stood on top of a cop vehicle and performed "Alright" at the 2015 BET Awards. "It is so wrong, it is so counterproductive, it gives exactly the wrong message".
"I have no beef with Kendrick Lamar, anyone else in the business, but if you don't have a positive attitude, you're dooming yourself to a life that you profess to despise", Rivera said.
From there he went on to address what his real problem was: hip-hop.
The two opening tracks of DAMN. sampled Rivera's comments and on "YAH".
Meanwhile Lamar's track "HUMBLE" - the first single off the record - has apparently broken the US Spotify record for most daily plays, surpassing 4 million daily streams on Friday, according to Chart Data.
Lamar also makes his views on the current USA presidency clear in more than one track, singing in XXX: "Donald Trump's in office, we lost Barack and promised never to doubt him again, but is America honest or do we bask in sin?"
"But what if I told you...that's not the official version", Sounwave's tweet reads.
The newsman has since responded to the shout out by "the great" Kendrick, who he considers to be the second-best rapper behind Drake. After praising Lamar as one of the greatest rappers of current times, he doubles down on his assessment that the "negative message" in hip-hop is now more corrosive than racism or police brutality. However, later he adds: "I didn't particularly care for the way he mentioned me". "I have no beef with Kendrick Lamar".
- Victor Cruz and Rashad Jennings cut by the New York Giants
- Trump to Talk Security, Air-Traffic Control With Airline Chiefs
- Top smartphones for gaming
- United States vows all-out defense against 'grave' North Korean threat
- Three New Polls Shatter The Myth That The Presidential Election Is Tightening
- Celebrations as Kylie Jenner and Rapper Tyga Split Up
- New FBI Intel Suggests Trump Associates May Have Colluded With Russia
- Trump hires his daughter to join step son in incestuous administration
- Trump's Campaign Backfires As Hillary Clinton Attracts Millions of New Voters
- Couple Sentenced for Terrorizing Black Child's Party With Guns and Confederate Flags