"It doesn't matter how much we've played them in the past month - we still have to play them and every night is a new game".
The Spurs have swept the Grizzlies in three of the four postseason series between the two teams, including their first round meeting last season.
Thursday, April 20: San Antonio at Memphis, 9:30 p.m. One of San Antonio's victories came in overtime. Over their last five games, the Spurs are putting up just 95.8 points per game while giving up 97.8 on defense.
Game 1 lineups for the Spurs are likely to be Tony Parker at point guard, Danny Green at the shooting guard, Kawhi Leonard at the small forward, LaMarcus Aldridge at power forward and Dewayne Dedmon anchoring at center.
"We have to be more disciplined and continue to help each other", Grizzlies center Marc Gasol said.
Neither team is playing well, but we typically expect the Spurs to be at their best at playoff time.
The 35-year-old vet began rehab immediately and will be continually evaluated, with the Grizzlies providing updates as soon as available.
The Grizzlies didn't go into specifics after Allen was hurt Wednesday. Mike Conley and the seventh-seeded Grizzlies will hope to start the series Saturday with a win on the road.
- Trump officials say no new U.S. focus on ousting Syria's Assad
- Daughter of man dragged off flight to speak
- Scattered showers are now likely for Saturday and Easter Sunday
- 'Girls' Finale Won't Feature 2 Main Characters & I'm Kinda Pissed About It
- Disputed Griezmann penalty gives Atletico edge over Leicester
- Wounded Bartra says blasts 'hardest 15 minutes' of his life
- Yu Darvish dominates, Texas Rangers pound Angels again, 8-3
- Geraldo Rivera Slanders Kendrick Lamar + Hip-Hop With Weak Response
- KKR beat KXIP by 8 wickets
- Bogaerts' RBI single caps 3-run 8th, Red Sox top