"It doesn't matter how much we've played them in the past month - we still have to play them and every night is a new game".
The Spurs have swept the Grizzlies in three of the four postseason series between the two teams, including their first round meeting last season.
Thursday, April 20: San Antonio at Memphis, 9:30 p.m. One of San Antonio's victories came in overtime. Over their last five games, the Spurs are putting up just 95.8 points per game while giving up 97.8 on defense.
Game 1 lineups for the Spurs are likely to be Tony Parker at point guard, Danny Green at the shooting guard, Kawhi Leonard at the small forward, LaMarcus Aldridge at power forward and Dewayne Dedmon anchoring at center.
"We have to be more disciplined and continue to help each other", Grizzlies center Marc Gasol said.
Neither team is playing well, but we typically expect the Spurs to be at their best at playoff time.
The 35-year-old vet began rehab immediately and will be continually evaluated, with the Grizzlies providing updates as soon as available.
The Grizzlies didn't go into specifics after Allen was hurt Wednesday. Mike Conley and the seventh-seeded Grizzlies will hope to start the series Saturday with a win on the road.
- Trump hires his daughter to join step son in incestuous administration
- 500 kg Egyptian woman reaches Mumbai to 'lose' weight
- Muhammad Ali Jr Stopped At A US Airport Again
- Michael Rosenbaum will be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- America, meet your new first lady
- KKR beat KXIP by 8 wickets
- Bogaerts' RBI single caps 3-run 8th, Red Sox top
- Thor: Ragnarok trailer smashes Disney and Marvel views record
- Vin Diesel denies feud with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
- Trump 'creating a war situation' says North Korean official at enormous parade