"It doesn't matter how much we've played them in the past month - we still have to play them and every night is a new game".
The Spurs have swept the Grizzlies in three of the four postseason series between the two teams, including their first round meeting last season.
Thursday, April 20: San Antonio at Memphis, 9:30 p.m. One of San Antonio's victories came in overtime. Over their last five games, the Spurs are putting up just 95.8 points per game while giving up 97.8 on defense.
Game 1 lineups for the Spurs are likely to be Tony Parker at point guard, Danny Green at the shooting guard, Kawhi Leonard at the small forward, LaMarcus Aldridge at power forward and Dewayne Dedmon anchoring at center.
"We have to be more disciplined and continue to help each other", Grizzlies center Marc Gasol said.
Neither team is playing well, but we typically expect the Spurs to be at their best at playoff time.
The 35-year-old vet began rehab immediately and will be continually evaluated, with the Grizzlies providing updates as soon as available.
The Grizzlies didn't go into specifics after Allen was hurt Wednesday. Mike Conley and the seventh-seeded Grizzlies will hope to start the series Saturday with a win on the road.
- New Ghost Recon Causes Actual Diplomatic Incident
- Muhammad Ali Jr Stopped At A US Airport Again
- America, meet your new first lady
- KKR beat KXIP by 8 wickets
- Trump to Talk Security, Air-Traffic Control With Airline Chiefs
- Badree, Tye enter history books
- 500 kg Egyptian woman reaches Mumbai to 'lose' weight
- Samsung Galaxy S7: Many worrying bugs on the screen
- Victor Cruz and Rashad Jennings cut by the New York Giants
- Geraldo Rivera Slanders Kendrick Lamar + Hip-Hop With Weak Response