Easter may have come early for about 150 area kids Thursday, but it wasn't without its challenge.
He's hoping the egg drop with the free food and giveaways is like the story in the Bible when Jesus fed the multitudes who hung out with him to listen to his sermons. The final Easter egg hunt kicked off at 3:10 p.m., when those 11 years old and older rushed toward the eggs which had been set out for them.
Trinity Lutheran Church sponsors a sunrise Easter service at the west side Boulder Reservoir, scheduled for 6:21 a.m. today.
- Maranatha Assembly of God Church after their service.
Good Friday events remember Jesus' betrayal that led to his crucifixion. Not just the traditional customs, but there are quite a lot of fun activities that are a part of the festival - from egg hunting to decking up the gift-giving character, Easter Bunny, and being a part of Easter parades.
Over ten thousand eggs were scooped by kids at the third annual Operation Addy Easter egg hunt.
No doubt, Marissa and Jason White were keeping a close eye on conditions Saturday morning, she said. She said she was excited to invite the community to the uptown district for the event.
Christ United Methodist Church Newport News has a congregation size of around 80 people and during Easter, the size grows about 40 percent, according to Tipton.
The event is designed for kids that may need special accommodations.
Parents say it's made the hunt not only less stressful but more cherishable for them and their children.
Sophie Dauncey finds an egg hiding in the bushes at the Davisburg Community Hall's first ever Easter Egg Hunt on April 15. Every year, it brings close to 1,000 to 2,000 guests and that number has grown this year.
"Another great year", Ashley Sebastian said.
The Stampeding Clovers 4-H group, of which Smith is one of the leaders, and some friends worked Friday afternoon to fill plastic eggs in preparation for the hunt, where numerous 4-H members and other students at the ranch will serve as helpers. "So there's about four different programs that this helps support", says Doug Sorter, a coordinator of the event and the Business Operations and Development VP at Strive.
This hunt, all ears as visually impaired children search for the eggs making a beeping noise. She added increasing attendance and church membership are not the event's goal.
"We have to understand how the electronics play into a bomb or and hazardous device and in order to do that we have to know how to build them and take them apart", said Johnson. "The event serves Edinburg and the surrounding communities".
- Muhammad Ali Jr Stopped At A US Airport Again
- Beyonce posts rare home video footage to celebrate wedding anniversary
- Badree, Tye enter history books
- Trump 'creating a war situation' says North Korean official at enormous parade
- Melissa McCarthy returns as Sean Spicer in Easter bunny suit on 'SNL'
- Campaigning for Turkey referendum hits final stretch
- Tar Heels take sixth title
- West Brom vs Liverpool: Tony Pulis reveals summer transfer plans already underway
- Bogaerts' RBI single caps 3-run 8th, Red Sox top
- Trump hires his daughter to join step son in incestuous administration