"They are true Raiders and I want to make sure we do the best that we can to make sure that they stay Raiders". Mack, on the other hand, as the fifth overall pick in that 2014 draft, carries a fifth-year option for 2018 that Oakland will surely exercise if a new deal can't be reached.
Theirs is a profession based on the ability to compartmentalize, of knowing exactly when to meet and lift and eat and practice and watch the film. There were banners hung along the strip, and fans were seen wearing Las Vegas Raiders gear immediately after the move was approved.
After they agree to a deal, the Raiders must work out a trade with the Seattle Seahawks, who own the rights to Lynch.
The Raiders won the right to relocate to Southern Nevada on March 27 by a 31-1 vote.
So he will be a Raider at last, and no matter what kind of Raider he turns out to be, he will be an honored Oaklander no matter what.
"I think then you'll get his feel, you'll get more of his spin on things as that time comes", Carr said.
Carr (fibula) was able to complete Monday's workout, which marked the start of the Raiders' offseason program, USA Today's Lindsay Jones reports.
But for the players and coaches, many of whom may not even be with the team when it arrives in Las Vegas in three years, the immediate focus is on building on a 12-4 season that gave the Raiders their first playoff berth since 2002.
"I think it would be awesome just to have him around", Carr said when asked about Lynch joining the offense. "To have him say those words, it was spot on. It comes down to us coming to work and doing our job and doing whatever we can, whatever it takes to win". A precedent has been set. "I know that that's going to help a lot of people".
"It felt like a long process, but it flew by", Carr said.
Lastly, Carr talked about his upcoming contract extension, which he says will be done after the draft.
"We have a really good football team", he said. "The good thing is we do have time, but I'm not the type to wait until the last minute. But at the same time, we're all in this together and we're just going to do it together".
"With that said, I'm focused on who's here and so I want to take this group and win the Super Bowl with this group that's here".
- Insurers say Trump must do more to stabilize 'Obamacare'
- Trump visits his golf course in West Palm
- Melissa McCarthy returns as Sean Spicer in Easter bunny suit on 'SNL'
- Apple Is Ready to Shake Up the Self-Driving Car Industry
- Everton ban The Sun over 'rascist' article
- President Trump says US-Russia relations may be at 'all-time low'
- U.S. dollar stays 5-month-lows against yen amid geopolitical risk
- No stiff upper lip: Prince Harry describes mental problems
- North Korean official says will continue missile tests
- Mark Hamill: Carrie Fisher Star Wars tribute is 'therapy'