What's more, the Predators have played with the kind of defensive structure and discipline they lacked at times during a 41-29-12 regular season. Pekka Rinne has given up two goals on 95 shots faced.
Ducks defenseman Shea Theodore scored with 49 seconds remaining in the second period, cutting into the Flames lead heading into the final 20 minutes of regulation.
- I think PK Subban has really gotten under the skin of several Blackhawk players... he was being chased several different times.
In NHL history, four teams have come back from a 3-0 playoff deficit, dating all the way back to 1942. The play was an absolute blessing as the ice crew gave Chicago a much needed breather and momentarily halted the Nashville rush.
St. Louis took that series 4-1.
"You try to block out all that noise", Kane said. "We've been in some tough spots before".
The overtime period was a constant battle from both teams trying to find the offensive zone and getting shots off when they could, as both squads needed that extra ounce of energy. "We need to continue to keep doing the same things". At least not yet.
The Blackhawks built a 2-0 lead in Monday night's game, only to succumb to a huge Predators rally. Washington is not in a hole like Chicago, but it's not all rosy for the Presidents' Trophy winners.
"We're sticking together in our room", Toews said. "We got the result we wanted, but we have a lot of work yet to do". Game 3 revealed the slim margin playoff hockey often brings.
Noel Acciari and David Backes also scored for the Bruins.
Underwood belted "The Star-Spangled Banner" in the darkened arena, ahead of the Predators' 3-2 overtime victory. I'm sure the Nashville netminder isn't too broken up about it considering the Preds put together a thrilling 3-2 overtime win to push Chicago to the brink of elimination. Now, on Thursday, Chicago could be swept in a postseason series for the first time in 24 years. He skated Saturday and Sunday, and his return would be a big boost especially in the absence of Roman Polak, who's done for the playoffs.
The Blackhawks just got into a series against the hot goalie. Holtby said the key is to focus on the next game. From March on, however, they has won just eight of its 21 games. "It's one of the handsome things about playoffs is how hard it is".
"He was fine", Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said of Crawford. Marian Hossa and Brent Seabrook are not the players they were.
SlapShot Radio has been delivering great hockey talk to the most energetic and engaged fans in radio and advertising with us drives results. "We were down 2-0 going into the third and we just believed in ourselves and kept battling". When Carrie Underwood married Mike Fisher back in 2009 he still played for the Ottawa Senators, but in 2011 the Sens traded Fisher to Nashville for a couple of draft picks. Coach Randy Carlyle said Vatanen will be reassessed Monday.
- Nokia 6 starts receiving Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA
- Nike highlights Russell Westbrook triple-double record in brilliant new ad
- Apple Is Ready to Shake Up the Self-Driving Car Industry
- Facebook launches Facebook Spaces, its first real VR app
- Bale ruled out of Champions League game against Bayern
- Russia metro bombing suspect says he was unwitting accomplice
- Insurers say Trump must do more to stabilize 'Obamacare'
- North Korean official says will continue missile tests
- Israel not to negotiate with Palestinian hunger strikers: minister
- V.P. Mike Pence addresses troops on N. Korea 'provocation'