Nationally, black women are typically paid 63 cents, and Latinas are paid 54 cents for every dollar paid to white, non-Hispanic men.
Protesters at rally for equal pay for equal work in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on March 14.
NBC News took a look at how much women in each state earn compared to men, and how much the state protects equal pay.
The first daughter is now a White House advisor with her own West Wing office, and has fully embraced women's empowerment.
Equal Pay Day symbolizes the date when women's wages finally catch up to what men were paid in the previous year. "[What ] a man earns [by] December 31, it takes the woman until April 4 to catch up to what they made". This is unacceptable, and unequal pay for equal work is morally and mathematically wrong.
People have been participating in this message all over social media, with particular activity on Twitter.
Sandberg believes if that's the case - women should pay 20% less for purchases she makes. And that 20 percent gap gets even larger for women of color.
Although women make up about half of the college-educated workforce, females are still underpaid in comparison to men.
Women who live or work in Boston will have the opportunity to hone their salary negotiating skills with free classes this week as part of the city's efforts to raise awareness of the gender pay gap. The NWLC details that the lifetime losses due to the wage gap in Missouri totals over $600,000 for black women and almost $750,000 for Latina women. "Driving the wage gaps in certain states is occupational segregation", she said. The same survey shows women in law enforcement make about three percent more than men, but that's only one of the five industries out of 36 surveyed where that was the case.
- Gujarat Lions win toss, elect to field against RCB
- Nokia 6 starts receiving Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA
- Campaigning for Turkey referendum hits final stretch
- Everton ban The Sun over 'rascist' article
- Strive's 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Insurers say Trump must do more to stabilize 'Obamacare'
- Apple Is Ready to Shake Up the Self-Driving Car Industry
- 121st Boston Marathon is Keflezighi's last, Rupp's first
- U.S. dollar stays 5-month-lows against yen amid geopolitical risk
- President Trump says North Korea has 'gotta behave'