Nationally, black women are typically paid 63 cents, and Latinas are paid 54 cents for every dollar paid to white, non-Hispanic men.
Protesters at rally for equal pay for equal work in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on March 14.
NBC News took a look at how much women in each state earn compared to men, and how much the state protects equal pay.
The first daughter is now a White House advisor with her own West Wing office, and has fully embraced women's empowerment.
Equal Pay Day symbolizes the date when women's wages finally catch up to what men were paid in the previous year. "[What ] a man earns [by] December 31, it takes the woman until April 4 to catch up to what they made". This is unacceptable, and unequal pay for equal work is morally and mathematically wrong.
People have been participating in this message all over social media, with particular activity on Twitter.
Sandberg believes if that's the case - women should pay 20% less for purchases she makes. And that 20 percent gap gets even larger for women of color.
Although women make up about half of the college-educated workforce, females are still underpaid in comparison to men.
Women who live or work in Boston will have the opportunity to hone their salary negotiating skills with free classes this week as part of the city's efforts to raise awareness of the gender pay gap. The NWLC details that the lifetime losses due to the wage gap in Missouri totals over $600,000 for black women and almost $750,000 for Latina women. "Driving the wage gaps in certain states is occupational segregation", she said. The same survey shows women in law enforcement make about three percent more than men, but that's only one of the five industries out of 36 surveyed where that was the case.
- Melissa McCarthy returns as Sean Spicer in Easter bunny suit on 'SNL'
- No stiff upper lip: Prince Harry describes mental problems
- Carr clarifies comments about 'true' Raiders fans
- People were upset over MLA quitting: AAP after bypoll defeat
- Trump visits his golf course in West Palm
- ENC church drops Easter eggs from helicopter
- Joseph Jakubowski, Who Sent Threatening Manifesto To Donald Trump, Arrested After Manhunt
- NSA Hacks: Microsoft Reinforced Defects Left Wide-Open By Leak
- 121st Boston Marathon is Keflezighi's last, Rupp's first
- President Trump says North Korea has 'gotta behave'