David Thompson believes Liverpool's win against Stoke on Saturday was down to Jurgen Klopp's tactical intuition.
The comeback victory means Liverpool remain in third spot in the Premier League with 63 points but fourth-placed Manchester City have a game in hand while Arsenal and Manchester United, both on 54 points, have three games in hand.
Sturridge, Firmino and Emre Can were all involved before the ball fell to the feet of Coutinho, who stroked home on 70 minutes.
There was more bad news for Klopp with Philippe Coutinho emerging as a major doubt for Saturday's trip to Stoke. They haven't had much luck in recent weeks, having lost three on the trot to Chelsea, Leicester and Burnley, but they managed to hold City to a draw at the Etihad a month ago.
"I joined up in the morning [of the game]".
Firmino played for the full 90 minutes on Wednesday, but will be given a bit of a rest as Liverpool look to improve on their current run of five straight wins in the league.
Sadio Mane's season-ending injury has left Liverpool short of options, and manager Klopp must bring in at least one more winger this summer to boost his squad.
"Sadio will, we're pretty sure, need surgery. It is when they face sides like Stoke that Jurgen Klopp's side have faltered", said Redknapp.
"When a goalkeeper makes saves like that, it's like scoring a goal".
This is a huge blow for Klopp who is hoping to secure Champions League football.
"Those players didn't celebrate immediately with the boys", he said.
'In this moment we have not enough experienced players so we have to replace them with youth and less-experienced boys.
"It's not about them". But [if the score] was still 0-0, then they could decide the game.
However, boss Mark Hughes insists they can not afford to think they are safe after taking nine points from the last 11 matches.
"It could have been the flawless result but unfortunately between ideal and hard to accept - sometimes it is only a second. Stoke is not too far away so we will give him all the time he needs, but it will be really close".
- Klopp upset at UEFA's Dortmund decision
- Bale ruled out of Champions League game against Bayern
- Strive's 5th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Everton ban The Sun over 'rascist' article
- Grizzlies' Tony Allen out indefinitely with calf strain
- Tar Heels take sixth title
- Melissa McCarthy returns as Sean Spicer in Easter bunny suit on 'SNL'
- 121st Boston Marathon is Keflezighi's last, Rupp's first
- Joseph Jakubowski, Who Sent Threatening Manifesto To Donald Trump, Arrested After Manhunt
- Nokia 6 starts receiving Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA