Westbrook scored 50 points, grabbed 16 rebounds and dished out 10 assists against the Nuggets at the Pepsi Center in the Mile High City.
Westbrook ended his historic day with a 36-foot dagger to finish with 50 points, 16 rebounds and 10 assists to pass Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson for most triple-doubles in an National Basketball Association season.
"My motto is 'why not?', and I always stick by it, regardless of what people say what's possible and not possible".
The guard scored the Thunder's last 13 points to eliminate the Nuggets from playoff contention.
"Y'all are probably going to get exhausted of me saying the same thing, but I promise you I've been blessed with so many things".
Westbrook's record-breaking assist came with 4:17 remaining after a series of missed shots delayed his historic moment.
Oklahoma City Thunder superstarRussell Westbrook broke Oscar Robertson's record for triple-doubles in a season, and he went out with a bang.
"Very, very blessed. I've got to give all the thanks from the man above". Since 1983, a player scoring at least 50 while posting a triple-double has only happened five times, Westbrook is responsible for three of those games, with James Harden achieving the feat twice.
Westbrook scored the game's final eight points overall as Denver's shooters went cold when one more bucket would have iced it.
There is no wrong vote for this season, with LeBron James and Kawhi Leonard also ranking as other worthy candidates.
The Pistons trailed by 12 early in the third quarter and shot 6 of 7 from 3-point range in the fourth to pull away from Memphis, which played its reserves in the fourth with the seventh seed in the Western Conference already secured.
Immediately, the crowd in Denver erupted after realizing that history was being made. He drives to the basket but sees Semaj Christon in the right corner behind the 3-point line.
If you would like to receive an email each time a new Oklahoma City Thunder article is published, fill out our email notification form.
- President Trump says North Korea has 'gotta behave'
- Insurers say Trump must do more to stabilize 'Obamacare'
- Bale ruled out of Champions League game against Bayern
- Nintendo Switch is Officially the Company's Fastest Selling Console Ever
- Trump visits his golf course in West Palm
- NSA Hacks: Microsoft Reinforced Defects Left Wide-Open By Leak
- Joseph Jakubowski, Who Sent Threatening Manifesto To Donald Trump, Arrested After Manhunt
- Pugh backs Bournemouth for strong finish to the season
- Everton ban The Sun over 'rascist' article
- Campaigning for Turkey referendum hits final stretch