One user said, "After I read articles that there are many reddish panels, I checked mine".
Samsung recently unveiled its new flagship Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus devices and as much fanfare it has received for its bezel-less design and top of the line specs, the Bixby button on the device has garnered a bad reputation as it cannot be remapped.
But a Samsung spokesperson reportedly told the South Korean media that the red tint could not be considered a quality issue; instead, users could opt to their device's settings menu to change its configuration.
Although Samsung has suggested that the problem can be resolved from the smartphone settings, some users have claimed that they weren't able to fix the problem.
There have been suggestions that the issue may be linked to faulty chips in the device that caused a malfunction in the graphics processing unit. It's actually a slightly higher resolution due to the extra tall or wide - depending on how you hold it - 18.5:9 aspect ratio. Bixby is able to control nearly all functions on the Galaxy S8, such as launching the photo album, creating new albums, casting content to a nearby TV and adjusting various settings.
As you can see in the image above, the phones on the left and right appear to have a slightly reddish tint to them.
Although it is too early to state how will this move by Samsung be perceived in the worldwide market, the early reactions from Galaxy S8 users have not been supportive. He said there has been no cancellation of preorders.
Hollis JohnsonApart from its design, the Galaxy S8's screen is another factor that makes the phone stand out, especially when compared to the iPhone 7. "Galaxy S8 Red Screen" was one of the top search terms on Naver, South Korea's largest search engine, this morning. The voice-assistant aims to take on the likes of Apple Siri, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana.
- Facebook launches Facebook Spaces, its first real VR app
- United CEO says no one will be fired for dragging incident
- Facebook makes AR push, launches VR app
- Russia metro bombing suspect says he was unwitting accomplice
- NFL Champs To Visit Trump Hours After Ex-Player's Death
- Barcelona in tough position to produce another comeback
- Gujarat Lions win toss, elect to field against RCB
- Bale ruled out of Champions League game against Bayern
- Equal Pay Day celebrated Tues. across US
- Byron York: The Sordid Case Behind Jared Kushner's Grudge Against Chris Christie