Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Twitter he was pained by the accident. "My thoughts are with the family of the deceased", Modi tweeted. "I hope the injured recover soon", he said.
The announcement said Rs 50,000 would be given to the seriously injured. Find us on Facebook too!
The district administration will also launch an investigation to ascertain whether the marriage hall had a valid license or not.
Bharatpur wall collapse: The incident took place near Sewar Road in Bharatpur.
The guests struck the wall. All marriage homes would also be inspected for safety in the wake of the collapse. This committee will be supervised by the medical head officer of Bharatpur zone and officers found guilty will be punished,"said Saraf".
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje is likely to visit Bharatpur. "A probe has been ordered into the incident. They have been hospitalised and are being attended to by a team of doctors", he said. One person was hospitalized in a hospital in Jaipur.
Mr Gupta said one of the managers of the banquet hall had been taken into custody. The reports will be handed over to district collector.
The marriage home was operating without permission from the Bharatpur Municipal Corporation.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police Anil Tank said the marriage homeowner was today booked for culpable homicide not amounting to murder.
- Nearly 250 missing in Mediterranean shipwrecks
- Tom Brady Will Not Visit White House for 'Personal Family Matters'
- Abe, Moon discuss North Korea, 'comfort women' issue
- Nigeria hopes to free more Chibok girls
- Jose Mourinho fires message to Man United misfit Anthony Martial
- Four Loco: NHL plays 4 OT playoff games in crazy night
- Man in Thailand kills baby on Facebook Live
- Weekend Reading: Microsoft Weekly 57 (Apr 10 - April 16)
- US backtracks on 'armada' sailing towards N. Korea
- Could North Korea Hit the U.S. with a Nuclear Missile?