Joe Panik drew a walk before NY third baseman Wilmer Flores misplayed a potential double play grounder by Eduardo Nunez. Thompson is the same doctor Matt Harvey visited past year while dealing with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
Christian Arroyo snapped a ninth-inning tie with a three-run double and the Giants took advantage of a critical error by third baseman Wilmer Flores, rallying past the New York Mets 6-5 on Wednesday to stop a five-game losing streak. Despite all the injuries and turmoil recently, NY (16-16) has righted itself on the field by winning eight of 11 following a six-game slide.
Mets: Hot-hitting LF Michael Conforto didn't start to rest his tight hamstring for two days in a row, including Thursday's off day. The 32-year-old limited the Dodgers to one unearned run and three hits over eight innings and gave up two earned runs over seven innings in his previous turn. He has not been on the disabled list since 2013, but it appears he may be sidelined moving forward.
Ninth- Inning Magic: Mets closer Jeurys Familia was not sharp in his outing.
I said yesterday, there's really no reason to consider taking the Giants in their current form, as they just find ways to lose and the offense continues to come up short.
"I think it was just a lot of frustration, a lot of pent-up aggression", Arroyo said.
Hunter Pence's single past a diving Flores scored Panik.
Matt Cain gave up three runs (two earned) over five innings, including a solo shot to Jay Bruce in the third.
The defensive gaffe overshadowed a good day at the plate for Flores, who had three hits, all against right-handed pitchers, a rarity for the infielder who has become a platoon player who only starts against left-handers when the Mets are at full strength. Now Milone, with a career record of 45-33, will get the start as the Mets look to sweep the Giants and move over.500 for the first time since being 8-7. He played nine innings at first base.
"It was hit hard".
Jeff Samardzija (0-5) and the Giants, outhit 13-2, are headed in the opposite direction after their fifth consecutive defeat and eighth in 10 games.
NOTES: To make room for RHP Matt Harvey on the 25-man roster, the Mets optioned LHP Josh Smoker to Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Aetna leaving Affordable Care Act market in Nebraska
- Weekend Reading: Microsoft Weekly 57 (Apr 10 - April 16)
- North Korean missile explodes on launch, United States and S. Korea say
- UK Labour Leader Corbyn Welcomes June 8 Snap Poll Decision
- Singer Cuba Gooding Sr. found dead at 72
- Pres. Trump visits Kenosha for order signing
- Investigation Continues Into Aaron Hernandez's Death
- Abe, Moon discuss North Korea, 'comfort women' issue
- O'Reilly Lawyers Mistakenly Send Strategy Emails To Politico
- LeBron James sends Pacers home packing, Oklahoma City takes series lead