The army had on Wednesday vowed to punish the killers of Fayaz and said the incident marks a watershed moment in the Kashmir Valley, as people there will decisively turn the tide against terrorism. Beneath it, there is text that reads, "The above criminals who are involved in many terrorist acts including the murder of Umar Fayaz Parray s/o Fayaz Ahmad Parray R/o Sarsona Kulgam...."
Dinkar said the person who gives information about the trio will be suitable rewarded. Bhat's father said that he had skipped bail and gone missing from his home on 25 September a year ago.
Abbas was in the first year of college when he was arrested.
"What was more painful to note is that the young officer had come home on vacation where he was attending the marriage of his cousin", the Chief Minister said in a statement. Ishfaq is believed to have become active in the Hizb in September 2015, and Gayas-ul-Islam, code-named Fahad, allegedly joined the group 13 months later.
A massive hunt has been launched to nab the militants and police said the involved militants are from Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Hizbul Mujahideen.
Gillani, however, refused to give out the names of those involved.
"A local Hizbul Mujahideen module was involved. We are looking at it", he had said.
Sources in police told that terrorists belonging to Hizbul Mujahideen may have killed the officer, and an INSAS rifle snatched from cops could have been used in the crime.
"People who are today roaming around as saviours of the nation are not able to hear out farmers nor can they lend a ear to the sorrows of family members of soldiers being brutally killed".
Five sensitive areas in the Valley where incidents of militancy have been rampant recently - Kulgam, Traal, Pulwama, Budgam and Shopian - will be the focus of such operations.
The three are also suspects in the killing of a lawyer associated with National Conference.
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Golfer Rory McIlroy Signs '$100M' Equipment Deal
- Jeurys Familia Has Clot In Throwing Shoulder
- Trump awaits highest level face-to-face contact with Russia
- Do You Have To See Prometheus Before Watching 'Alien: Covenant'?
- This airline just told Congress it will stop overbooking flights
- Nigeria hopes to free more Chibok girls
- Operations cancelled after cyberattack — NHS hospitals hacked
- Nearly 250 missing in Mediterranean shipwrecks
- 'Dear Jesus, please let this baby breathe'