Washington Wizards forward Kelly Oubre Jnr was suspended by the National Basketball Association on Saturday for Sunday's crucial playoff game against Boston after throwing Celtics center Kelly Olynyk to the court. I don't know why (Oubre) reacted like that, especially to Kelly (Olynyk). Oubre received a flagrant-2 foul and was ejected from the game.
In an official announcement, Oubre's contact on Olynyk was called "forceful and unwarranted" by league officials.
In a series that's already had some extracurricular activities, the two Kelly's added some more fuel to the not-so-friendly fire. Three games in, their postseason series already has featured three ejections, a displaced tooth and a whole boatload of trash talk. "We've just got to take each game one game at a time and come back for Game 4 Sunday, which is going to be probably insane". Boston leads the series, 2-1. "You can't worry about who's not playing". "Definitely [Sunday] night I can see him play good, quality minutes".
The Raptors trail the series 3-0.
"I'm not surprised", he said after practice Saturday. Oubre Jr bounced off him like he was a small child playing with an adult.
In a flawless world you'd like to see your team go against the other team at full strength and beat them.
Jennings said the second technical foul picked up by both players was Rozier's fault. "We gotta push back".
The Wizards have no issue holding their ground or fighting for more, as they've shown nine games into the playoffs. We took care of business at home. Referees and teammates charged to break up the conflict as the Wizards shooting guard still wanted to get his hands on the Celtics' big man.
They were each whistled for a technical foul with 10:36 to play in the fourth quarter due to their usual back-and-forth jawing with one another.
Thursday's game marked the first time since 2013 that an National Basketball Association playoff game featured at least eight techs.
- Queen Elizabeth's Husband Prince Philip Announces Retirement From Public Engagements
- Trump awaits highest level face-to-face contact with Russia
- Crosby skates with Penguins team mates days after concussion
- Trump may release tax returns, when 'out of office'
- Trump says meeting with Russia's Lavrov was "very, very good"
- Do You Have To See Prometheus Before Watching 'Alien: Covenant'?
- Aetna leaving Affordable Care Act market in Nebraska
- White House Spokeswoman Backs President Trump's Claim about Comey
- Golfer Rory McIlroy Signs '$100M' Equipment Deal
- Operations cancelled after cyberattack — NHS hospitals hacked