Wall and Beal responded with a pair of free throws and a three-pointer to tie the game.
In fact, just 1:47 before Wall hit the game-winning shot, he ran down the shot clock via useless dribbles, then missed a rushed 18-footer. The home team is 9-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings and the over is 4-1 in the last five meetings in Boston. About two weeks later, the two teams played again, and Wizards players showed up for the game wearing all black.
Thomas (27.2 points per game during the second round) and Bradley (16.7 PPG) have accounted for exactly 40 percent of Boston's 657 total points this series. Horford finished with 20 points. Marcus Smart, who played 28 points, only scored one single point without making a shot on three attempts. I thought we played together.
Boston relied on Isaiah Thomas and Avery Bradley to score 15 of its 22 fourth-quarter points, while Washington's combo of Bradley Beal and John Wall combined for 23 of its 26 points during the final frame. "It's so close. We'll get another chance at it, and we'll capitalize it". In transition guys are trying to match up, guys are scrambling, the clock is running down.
After losing to the Wizards in Game 6, each Celtics player had to put those same black outfits they arrived to the game with back on.
Boston's Al Horford knock down what looked to be a potential game victor with 7 seconds to play to give the Celtics an 91-89 lead.
Wall shook off a rocky start and finished the night with 26 points.
The Celtics will be absolutely kicking themselves that they weren't able to come away with the win in Game 6 but they'll have to regroup in a hurry to avoid losing the series altogether. A lot of guys doubted us winning this game at home.
In a Last 2 Minute report, the National Basketball Association acknowledged the Celtics should have had an extra second for a final shot opportunity in Game 6 vs. the Wizards.
A matchup between Cleveland and Boston would be the first between the two since the Eastern Conference opening round in 2015 when the Cavaliers swept the Celtics in four games.
Now, Wall feels more prepared than ever to take the Wizards to the elusive Eastern Conference finals, where he has never been before. The Wizards were only down by two points. He considers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar a hero and he had the pleasure of interviewing him back in 2009.
- Verizon wins bidding war with AT&T for Straight Path
- Senate Intelligence Panel Subpoenas Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn
- Pens take on Senators in Eastern Conference Finals
- Experts predict instability in the legislature after BC election
- Predators get extra rest in this year's playoffs
- Golfer Rory McIlroy Signs '$100M' Equipment Deal
- Kings' Rudy Gay to opt out of final year of contract
- Aetna leaving Affordable Care Act market in Nebraska
- Kelly vs Kelly: Wizards-Celtics Game 3 turns into shoving contest
- Mike D'Antoni to consider resting James Harden during next season