Android for the vehicle might eventually extend to dashboard items like speedometers and backseat screens. That's a pretty soft explanation, but we should hear more in a couple of days. Here's a solid bet. More details are expected later this week at Google I/O when operational examples of this new Google OS will be presented on a Volvo V90 Cross Country and Audi's Q8 Sport Concept SUV.
Then there's the name.
Other software companies have pitched a similar system. But Google has a history of paring the releases with a tasty dessert to make the name a little catchier. Android Oreo? Mmm, Oreos. No examples were given, but we imagine questions like, "OK Google, where's the nearest Thai restaurant?" will be along the lines of what you can ask. Unlike Android and chrome OSs, which are built on Linux, Fuchsia is reportedly built on a new Google -built kernel called Magenta. This is more than a rumor at this point due to the fact that everything has all but been confirmed by Google.
Google really wants you to have its messaging app, Allo, a part of your digital life.
At I/O, Google will show off live demonstrations of the operating system running on the Audi A8 and Volvo V90 SUVs.
One of the most noticeable changes is cleaner contact page. With all of this said, we probably won't learn anything else at the conference. But by bringing Google Assistant to iOS, Google could potentially expand its reach into the huge base of iPhone users and expose them to the Google ecosystem.
5- a year ago the company announced its Daydream platform along with the Daydream View VR headset. Still, it's clear that Google is deeply interested in virtual reality. And the Volvo tie-up appears to be the first step in that direction, with the car-maker noting that apps developed by Google, Volvo, and third party app developers will offer "connected and predictive services in and around the vehicle", according to a statement issued by the company.
- Trump hopeful as interviews continue for new Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Cyber attack hits 200000 in at least 150 countries: Europol
- Of the 48 affected NHS England hospitals, six remain unoperational
- Verizon wins bidding war with AT&T for Straight Path
- Shockingly lifelike dinosaur fossil makes public debut
- Featured Stock to Focus: Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)
- Will Power completes Penske ideal weekend at INDYCAR GP
- Pak based terror groups plan to attack India, Afghan: US intel chief
- Isaiah Thomas Downplays Celtics' 'Funeral' Attire: 'I Wear Black All The Time'
- Dugan injury sours Roos' win over Kiwis