NBC launched the "Must See TV" segment in 1993 and it featured its most popular drama series and sitcoms during its run, which lasted for 22 years.
The good news for the network is that it is virtually guaranteed of being the No. 1 network during the 2017-18 season.
In 2014, the network abandoned its tradition of scheduling comedies on Thursdays, leading some to mark it as the official death of Must See TV.
"Will & Grace" fans sounded a loud "squee!" on Monday when NBC released a five-minute trailer for the show's limited, 12-episode run coming this fall.
"We went back and forth about [moving This Is Us to Thursday]", NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt told reporters.
Greenblatt said Fey is expected to "pop up" in the second season of "Great News", and it will follow the "30 Rock" tradition of welcoming big-name guest stars.
"Everything is as if we never said goodbye", Karen croons. "I think it's possible".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, NBC has chose to move This Is Us from its Tuesday night slot to Thursdays starting in the fall. NBC will try to boost the profile of This Is Us even more by airing a special episode after its February broadcast of the Super Bowl.
The decision to slot the family drama behind the highest-rated game of the year shouldn't come as much of a surprise.
The network announced its schedule Sunday, kicking off the annual week where broadcasters outline next season's plans to advertisers.
For the season (which ends May 24), NBC has held steady, averaging 8.2 million viewers, ranking second behind CBS, and is first among adults ages 18 to 49, its core demographic, where it's down a slight 1% from previous year. The night wraps with Chicago Fire returning to its 10 p.m. time slot.
- Of the 48 affected NHS England hospitals, six remain unoperational
- Dugan injury sours Roos' win over Kiwis
- UK working to restore hospital systems after cyberattack
- Shockingly lifelike dinosaur fossil makes public debut
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Will Power completes Penske ideal weekend at INDYCAR GP
- Jeremy Corbyn casts doubt over Labour pledge to renew Trident
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Featured Stock to Focus: Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)