For the second round, Rashad and Emma performed a quickstep routine that received 39 points from the judges. Well, it just doesn't make sense sometimes.
David and Lindsay initially performed a foxtrot in which Julianne asked the retired pro baseball player to tuck in his "booty" throughout the dance.
Prior to their being told to go home, the pair performed a jive to "Faith" by Stevie Wonder featuring Ariana Grande, and later, a rumba to "Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato, earning two ideal scores.
But let's get back to the sensational elimination making headlines everywhere.
Fortunately, after the tense moment came a very raw, emotional heart to heart between the judge and contestant.
Simone's appearance on "DWTS" was one season after her teammate Laurie Hernandez took home the mirrorball trophy with Val Chmerkovskiy.
Absolutely no one saw it coming.
Len Goodman literally buried his face in his hands over the news while fellow judges Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough looked on in disbelief.
Sasha Farber and Simone Biles will be guided by Carrie Ann for their first routine.
Hear from Biles directly following the elimination in an interview with E!
Olympic champion Simone Biles gave Dancing with the Stars presenter Tom Bergeron short shrift when he questioned why she wasn't smiling during the show.
Nevertheless, the feisty 20-year-old was remarkably upbeat and commented that she learned a lot about herself. Biles said, "Well, I'm gonna figure out how I'm supposed to put myself together for 'Good Morning America'".
Her reaction and level-headed behavior were typical of the composed Olympic athlete.
Biles also coined a now-famous catchphrase on the show. "I think today I experienced what they wanted".
With her out, it's hard to see anyone but Normani winning - but stranger things have happened.
"I have been going since the Olympics non-stop and then I came into here to Dancing With the Stars and the experience was wonderful", Biles shared.
The elimination has caused a DWTS controversy, as Biles was sent home despite having scored a flawless 80 out of 80 on the night.
- Cyber attack hits 200000 in at least 150 countries: Europol
- US security adviser says Trump did not cause lapse in national security
- Edouard Philippe revealed as new French prime minister
- Trump hopeful as interviews continue for new Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" is Top Weekend Movie
- Djokovic and Nadal advance to Madrid semifinals
- Ransomware attack should be wake-up call for govts
- Featured Stock to Focus: Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)
- Will Power completes Penske ideal weekend at INDYCAR GP
- Jeremy Corbyn casts doubt over Labour pledge to renew Trident