Ball appeared on Fox Sports' The Herd with Colin Cowherd on Wednesday to talk about, among other things, the NBA Draft Lottery, son Lonzo's chances of landing with the Lakers and of course Ball's own apparel company, Big Baller Brand. "Triple Bs, billion, billion, billion".
Still, Ball's comments were uncalled for.
Told that number was unrealistic, Ball replied, "unrealistic to you". She scares me to death.
"First of all, I don't patronize women", he said. I'm already in the building. Ball scoffed at the idea. "And if you look at Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, they all play to women; men and women, equally". "But we talking about Big Baller Brand".
Leahy said the comment was "kind of disrespectful" and asked why he was scared of her. Ball pointed to Cowherd and said, "I'll tell you - 400, 500 pairs".
"I never disrespect women".
LaVar Ball’s presence continues ahead of his son Lonzo’s upcoming NBA career
The tense exchange went on to include Ball referring to Leahy as a "hater" who is "a great reporter, just not reporting on me".
Lonzo Ball is projected to be the No. 2 overall pick by the Los Angeles Lakers, and LaVar proudly stated the Lakers will be the only team Lonzo works out for in the pre-draft process.
It's a shame that Ball couldn't take part in an actual discussion and remove some of these doubts about his personality.
Leahy then called out Ball for threatening her, which he immediately denied.
"Who is going to want to wear a loser's shoe?" he said earlier this month, via CBS Sports.
LaVar Ball can often be found saying ridiculous things to rile people up, but on Tuesday, the father of National Basketball Association draft prospect Lonzo Ball crossed a line.
- Cyber attack hits 200000 in at least 150 countries: Europol
- Priyanka in sequinned outfit and bikini
- Star Wars Day: May the 4th be with you
- 'Will & Grace' Revival: Watch First Full Trailer for NBC's Reunion Series
- Katy Perry concert tour coming to Denver in November
- Jeremy Corbyn casts doubt over Labour pledge to renew Trident
- Ransomware attack should be wake-up call for govts
- DeMar DeRozan: Raptors Would Have Won With LeBron James
- Edouard Philippe revealed as new French prime minister
- Trump considers move of US Embassy in Israel