It may be in a galaxy far, far away. but the full power of the Force is sensed by every living human on this planet on May 4, otherwise known as Star Wars Day. "Can you show all the stars from "Star Wars" singing 'All Star" to celebrate?" This yearly celebration of a sci-fi film franchise turned global phenomenon brings together nerds, jocks, geeks, and adults that don't categorize themselves anymore in awe of this widely accepted masterpiece.
Shortly, another message popped in on the Twitter page, which read: "It's a shame there isn't a Galactic House of Representatives".
Its Star Wars Day 2017 and that means you can expect to see "May the Fourth Be With You" popping up all over social media. Today will be filled with Star Wars references and awful Yoda and Chewy impressions, but also a lot of deals and a lot of fandom. Some people also consider May fifth a holiday called "Revenge of the fifth" another nod to a Star Wars movie.
From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story", an all-new epic adventure.
Fisher's final Star Wars scenes will be seen when Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in cinemas on December 15. The Star Wars franchise is one of the most lucrative in film history. It might also have something to do with that day being Cinco de Mayo, but to this day fans still like to let their "evil sides" come out the day after "Star Wars" Day. This was mentioned by author Alan Arnold when he was chronicling the making of 1980 film, "The Empire Strikes Back".
This year, TBS will air the first six movies in order on TV, in a marathon that kicks off at 6:40 am.
What are your Star Wars memories? There are a handful of really great games that take place in the Star Wars Universe.
- Featured Stock to Focus: Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)
- EU Commission says welcomes court ruling on trade deals
- Spurs prepare for Game 2 vs Warriors with no Leonard, Parker
- DeMar DeRozan: Raptors Would Have Won With LeBron James
- Nadal for the fifth time won the masters in Madrid
- New cyber chaos appears to have been avoided: Europol
- Edouard Philippe revealed as new French prime minister
- Katy Perry concert tour coming to Denver in November
- Ransomware attack should be wake-up call for govts
- Trump threatens Comey, suggests possible leaks of 'tapes'