Gisele Bundchen revealed in a new interview that her National Football League quarterback husband, Tom Brady, has suffered from multiple concussions in recent years and opened up about the couple's strict, plant-based diet.
"Football, like he had a concussion past year", Bundchen said after CBS host Charlie Rose asked her if she anxious about Brady's health on the football field. In her answer, she revealed that Brady suffered a concussion previous year that was not reported by the Patriots.
"I just have to say, as a wife.it's an aggressive sport", Bundchen says. "He had pretty much concussions every, I mean we don't talk about, but he does have concussions".
"There is a period of time after the initial concussion where you are really at risk for getting another one, and that second one might be more significant or even catastrophic", Shessler said. "He does have concussions".
Earlier, Brady said retirement is far from his mind at the moment, claiming he plans to play until he's 45 years old if his body allows him.
Brady started in 12 regular season games and three playoff games last season, including the Super Bowl in Houston which saw the Patriots defeat the Atlanta Falcons.
"I don't anticipate that we will be commenting [on Gisele's comments to CBS about Brady's experience with concussions]", a Patriots spokesman told FOX Business on Wednesday. It wouldn't come as a shock if Brady's camp and the Patriots backtrack from Gisele's comments and say something along the lines of her meaning he had a simple headache or something like that.
By this time tomorrow I would assume we will be seeing a statement from the team or Roger Goodell on this situation. That means if he did suffer a concussion during the season, he either didn't tell the Patriots or the team didn't report it. There's no way Brady is an exception with how many years he has been in the league. "That can't be healthy for you".
Bundchen did not clarify when her husband suffered a concussion or whether it was medically diagnosed. "If I get there and I still feel like I do today, I don't see why I wouldn't want to continue".
- New cyber chaos appears to have been avoided: Europol
- Ian Brady, notorious British serial killer, dies at 79
- Star Wars Day: May the 4th be with you
- Hospitals remain key targets as ransomware attacks expected to increase
- Michael Carrick "desperate" to win Europa League
- Israel releases record of Trump-Netanyahu meeting
- Spurs' Kawhi Leonard ruled out for Game 2 vs Warriors
- A Standalone Google Assistant App Could Soon Launch on iOS
- Priyanka in sequinned outfit and bikini
- "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2" is Top Weekend Movie