"First, I was alone with the. president-elect", Comey said of why he took notes.
"He's a leaker", Trump said Friday.
Following Comey's testimony, in which he repeated claims made in a leaked memo that Trump had asked him to drop an investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, the odds of Trump facing impeachment over accusations of obstruction of justice rose.
What Comey statement says: "The President said, 'I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.' I didn't move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed".
"I would be fine with issuing a subpoena", Collins said. Hey I hope this happens, but you've got to do your job.' That's what he told Comey.
When a reporter asked about Comey, Trump again said he never asked for the Justice Department's Russian Federation probe to be dropped - an act that experts say could constitute an obstruction of justice. The White House has denied collusion with Moscow.
"I am not hinting at anything", Trump said, twice declining to elaborate.
Asked if he had taped their conversations, as he implied in a threatening tweet shortly after he fired Comey, Trump said he would reveal that answer soon. The committee also sent a letter to White House Counsel Don McGahn asking that he inform the committee whether the White House has ever had any recordings or memos of Comey's conversations with Trump. The former Federal Bureau of Investigation chief was investigating whether the president or his campaign officials colluded with an alleged Kremlin plot to sway last year's U.S. presidential election in favour of Mr Trump.
Comey appeared before a House committee to defend his decision not to charge Clinton.
"I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel", Comey said.
Trump: 100 percent. I didn't say under oath. Still, he maintained he had never asked Comey for a pledge of allegiance.
- Star Wars Releases New Teaser Image For Battlefront 2 Featuring Naboo Map
- Kim Kardashian speaks up on Kendall Jenner's pepsi ad
- British Prime Minister Says Police Have Identified 3 Attackers
- Jelena Ostapenko causes French Open upset against Simona Halep
- Thiem knocks out Djokovic
- Warriors set to make their claim as NBA's best ever
- Apple reinvents home audio with the HomePod
- Pound dives on fears United Kingdom election may produce no clear victor
- Galaxy Note 8 Release Date Predicted To Be Before iPhone 8
- India hails Kazakhstan's role as 'number one' supplier of Uranium