Pretty much since Nintendo reinvigorated the home video game market in 1983 with the launch of the Nintendo Entertainment System, video game makers have launched their next-generation machines about every 5-7 years.
We'll be goings hands-on or exploring more of these titles during E3 2017.
PlayStation VR owners will at least be pleased with the surprising amount of new games that were announced with the headset, with Sony having mostly neglected to support the hardware since its launch late past year. Aside from being extremely powerful, the new Xbox is also the smallest one yet, which means it's the most advanced console the gaming industry has ever seen. Stay tuned to Gameranx as we will be bringing you the latest news from the Sony's E3 press conference.
While it would please anyone to tell their friends that the game is right around the corner, Sony and Marvel's Spider-Man won't be released until 2018.
Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales was featured in the trailer, meaning that he and Peter Parker will be included in the exclusive PS4 game.
When is the Sony E3 2017 press conference? The PlayStation E3 Media Briefing opened with a lovely live musical performance to introduce Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and from there on in - and with only two short appearances from Sony's Shawn Layden - it was wall-to-wall games.
But many of those are still yet to release and we're expecting a whole heap of announcements, release dates, gameplay trailers and beta dates for several of those titles.
Unfortunately, the biggest talking points were what was missing from the press conference. Shenmue 3 won't be present during this Sony PlayStation party, but Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake might pop up.
Sony's showed off a seven minute long gameplay segment of Days Gone, it's upcoming open-world zombie survival game trailer. Unfortunately, unlike past year, there was no continuous symphony throughout the show.
- Rabada sparks England slump as Proteas win 3rd ODI
- Trump brands former Federal Bureau of Investigation chief a 'leaker'
- All Blacks coach Steve Hansen says Lions have to start winning
- Jelena Ostapenko causes French Open upset against Simona Halep
- Man Utd captain Rooney breaks silence over England axe
- Galaxy Note 8 Release Date Predicted To Be Before iPhone 8
- Hands on with Apple's first Developer Beta of iOS 11
- Apple unveils 'the most powerful Mac we have ever made'
- McCain's fuzzy questions for Comey leave observers puzzled
- Apple reinvents home audio with the HomePod