Wonder Woman will also make more during its second frame than did both "Suicide Squad" and "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice", despite those films having larger opening weekends than "Wonder Woman" ($133.7 million for "Suicide Squad" and $166 million for "Batman v Superman").
"Wonder Woman", $57.2 million ($58.1 million international).
While the film made more than $141 million in global theaters, American audiences were less than enthusiastic, spending only $32 million.
Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst for comScore, said "The Mummy" opening showed the challenge of launching a franchise with North American audiences, who are more deterred by bad reviews. It was made for US$125 million.
Steve Trevor (Chris Pine) and Princess Diana (Gal Gadot) team up during World War I in "Wonder Woman".
Final numbers are expected Monday.
The second installment for Guardians of the Galaxy has had a really impressive box office run now with $366 million domestic and $828 million worldwide.
It Comes at Night, despite a D CinemaScore came in # 6.
China led the charge with a spectacular $52.2 million launch, followed by South Korea with $17.8 million, Russian Federation with $7.8 million, Mexico with $5.1 million, and Taiwan with $4.9 million.
After losing six minutes to cuts from Beijing's censors, Fox's Alien: Covenant opens Friday opposite Pixar's Cars 3.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tells", $34.8 million.
"Beauty and the Beast", $2.9 million. With a performance that weakened over its opening weekend, it scraped 4.30 million for fifth place.
"Confession of Murder", $2.8 million.
- "Wonder Woman" Outperforms "The Mummy", Remains #1 At US Weekend Box Office
- Trump expects Senate health care bill in summer
- Apple reinvents home audio with the HomePod
- Rabada sparks England slump as Proteas win 3rd ODI
- Insomniac's Spider-Man debuts gameplay footage
- Boris Johnson could be our next Prime Minister, claim reports
- EU expands sanctions against North Korea
- Pound dives on fears United Kingdom election may produce no clear victor
- Wonder Woman breaks box office record for female director
- Puerto Rico upholds statehood demand in contentious vote