When James Hodgkinson attacked the Republican practice for today's Congressional Baseball Game wounding House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) and three others, it was evident his attack was politically motivated. High-ranking Congressman Steve Scalise, R-Louisiana, was seriously injured and remains hospitalized.
The couple had been married for 30 years, she said, and he'd sold nearly everything from his business before moving out to D.C.in March.
Duncan said he spoke with Hodgkinson briefly before the shooting, when the would-be assassin asked him in the parking lot if the players on the field were Republicans or Democrats.
Sue Hodgkinson, who works at a tax firm, said she and James didn't see much of each other from January to March because of her job. "I can't wrap my head around it", Sue Hodgkinson said. "There's nothing I could do about it". And she wouldn't go into anything about his politics but did add this detail that he sold everything he owned from his businesses.
"Tasha assumed it was because of them living there.... when your daughter returns home things kind of flip upside down, [the Hodgkinsons] were retired", explained Knepper's mother, Victoria Knepper, from her home in Saint Libory, Illinois, about 30 minutes east of Belleville. "And I just want my neighbors to be in peace, and you guys leave them alone". His social media pages were filled with angry rants about those taxes, Republicans, and specifically President Donald Trump, whom he called "a traitor".
He was transported to George Washington University Hospital, and later died.
(FBI via AP). This poster released by the Federal Bureau of Investigation asks for information on James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill.
Also wounded in the attack were Congressional staffer Zachary Barth, Tyson Foods' Director of Government Relations Matt Mika, and Capitol Police Officer Crystal Griner.
Scalise, who was reportedly shot in the hip, underwent surgery on Wednesday morning. U.S. Capitol Police and D.C. Metropolitan Police Department also declined to comment.
"I just don't know what to tell you people".
The FBI is still investigating the case and is looking through Hodgkinson's belongings, including his cellphone, computer and camera.
- Reports say Mueller probe now examining possible obstruction
- Key players in the Qatar crisis
- Congress seeks normalcy, heads back to work after shooting
- DUP head: Talks with UK Conservatives going well
- Faced with mounting criticism, British PM visits London fire victims
- Protesters storm local town hall after deadly London fire
- Congressional Democrats sue Trump over foreign payments
- Russian airstrike may have killed IS leader in Syria, says Defense Ministry
- Secret Service says it doesn't have any Trump tapes
- Admin revokes blocked program to protect immigrant parents