Earlier on Thursday, Mr Trump tweeted that a new report suggesting that special counsel Robert Mueller may investigate him for possible obstruction of justice after he fired FBI Director James Comey is a "phony story".
"If he fires Mueller, I will tell you, we are right on the brink of a constitutional crisis", the IL senator said.
In another tweet earlier on Friday, Mr. Trump wrote: "After 7 months of investigations & committee hearings about my 'collusion with the Russians, ' nobody has been able to show any proof".
Last month, President Trump hired his own lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, to handle Russia-related investigations by the FBI and United States congressional committees.
The special counsel is following two major lines of investigation, said one USA official familiar with the rough outlines of Mr Mueller's probe who spoke on condition of anonymity.
There's no guarantee that the office of the special counsel will pursue this line of investigation, says Entous - these meetings are merely the first step to help investigators determine whether there's more evidence to uncover about obstruction of justice.
Seth Moulton, a congressman from Salem in Massachusetts, tweeted, "As the Representative of Salem, MA, I can confirm that this is false", referring to Mr Trump's "witch hunt" whine.
The shift toward probing Trump began days after Trump forced former Federal Bureau of Investigation chief James Comey to quit last month. The three officers are Dan Coats National Intelligence Director, Mike Rogers National Security Agency Director and Richard Ledgett former deputy director NSA.
It will be up to Mueller to decide whether Trump crossed the legal line and whether to pursue an obstruction case against him.
Meanwhile, the top attorney for the Trump transition team has ordered the organization's staff to preserve all records related to Mueller's widening investigation. Trump appeared to take a subtle swing at Rosenstein during his tweets today, and new reports are saying that the Deputy Attorney General might recuse himself from the Russian Federation probes as well.
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Oltmans demands more aggression against Canada, Pakistan in HWL Semi Final
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Costliest Congressional Race In History Being Decided Today
- Ronaldo summoned to court, Mourinho accused of tax fraud
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Reports swirl about Beyonce's twins, but no confirmation yet
- Top smartphones for gaming