The Penguins lead the series 3-2, and seeking to become the NHL's first team to win consecutive Stanley Cup championships since Detroit won in 1997 and '98. He was always considered the best of his generation, but a third Stanley Cup is tough to dispute.
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it - the best team won.
The loss ended the upstart Predators' deepest playoff run in the franchise's 19-year history.
The decisive moment of the match was Patric Hornqvist's goal at 18:25 in the third period when the Swedish worldwide somehow managed to hit the spot from an incredibly tough position. Hornqvist's last goal was a month ago on May 10, but his game victor on Sunday will live forever in Penguins' history.
Speaking with reporters after the decisive Game 6, Bonino revealed he suffered a broken leg while blocking a shot during the first period of the series' second game - then played the final two periods on it.
And that was it, 2-0 for the Penguins.
The kids weren't the only ones who got to celebrate with the back-to-back champs. That's something neither Patrick Roy, Ken Dryden or Cam Ward ever managed, but the 23-year-old Murray finished this Final shutting out Nashville for the final 146:52. When he was needed the most, when the finals were at the critical stage, Murray displayed some fantastic performances. He followed that up by leading the National Hockey League with 44 goals, and Crosby was at his best in this Cup Final leading all scorers with seven points - one goal and six assists, including three in a 6-0 win in Game 5 that put the Penguins on the verge of their latest title. Crosby was also awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy (playoff MVP) for the second year in a row. Crosby had one goal and six assists in the matchup against Nashville Predators.
So, are you sure you want to retire when you're still this good, Matt?
- US Continues to Drill for Oil, Crude Prices Fall Further
- Democrats despondent, Trump emboldened after GOP victory in Georgia special election
- Officer in Seattle shooting: 'I don't have a taser'
- Senate passes bill to impose new sanctions on Iran
- Uber adding option to tip drivers, making other changes
- Muslim girl may have been sexually assaulted
- Amazon buying Whole Foods in bold move into brick and mortar
- Cosby alternate juror: I 'probably' would have convicted him
- Call it the US Wide Open
- The Galaxy Tab S3 is now available in India for ₹47990