The Penguins lead the series 3-2, and seeking to become the NHL's first team to win consecutive Stanley Cup championships since Detroit won in 1997 and '98. He was always considered the best of his generation, but a third Stanley Cup is tough to dispute.
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it - the best team won.
The loss ended the upstart Predators' deepest playoff run in the franchise's 19-year history.
The decisive moment of the match was Patric Hornqvist's goal at 18:25 in the third period when the Swedish worldwide somehow managed to hit the spot from an incredibly tough position. Hornqvist's last goal was a month ago on May 10, but his game victor on Sunday will live forever in Penguins' history.
Speaking with reporters after the decisive Game 6, Bonino revealed he suffered a broken leg while blocking a shot during the first period of the series' second game - then played the final two periods on it.
And that was it, 2-0 for the Penguins.
The kids weren't the only ones who got to celebrate with the back-to-back champs. That's something neither Patrick Roy, Ken Dryden or Cam Ward ever managed, but the 23-year-old Murray finished this Final shutting out Nashville for the final 146:52. When he was needed the most, when the finals were at the critical stage, Murray displayed some fantastic performances. He followed that up by leading the National Hockey League with 44 goals, and Crosby was at his best in this Cup Final leading all scorers with seven points - one goal and six assists, including three in a 6-0 win in Game 5 that put the Penguins on the verge of their latest title. Crosby was also awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy (playoff MVP) for the second year in a row. Crosby had one goal and six assists in the matchup against Nashville Predators.
So, are you sure you want to retire when you're still this good, Matt?
- Call it the US Wide Open
- Muslim girl may have been sexually assaulted
- NBA Twitter Reacts To Kristaps Porzingis Trade Rumors
- US Continues to Drill for Oil, Crude Prices Fall Further
- US top court to hear Wisconsin appeal in electoral map dispute
- In spite of tweet, lawyer says Trump not under investigation
- How to watch the Confederations Cup online and on TV
- Congressman's condition 'more difficult' than first thought
- Dems say they'll slow Senate work over secretive care bill
- Amit Shah:No Chance Of India Pakistan Series At Their Home Grounds