Police in Madhya Pradesh have arrested 15 youngsters and have charged them with sedition allegedly because they cheered and seemingly supported the Pakistani cricket team over the Indians during Sunday's Champions Trophy finals.
The Indian captain also said that the Pakistani team was more intense and passionate yesterday and they deserved to win.
They are accused of setting off firecrackers and shouting pro-Pakistan messages in celebration of Pakistan's 180-run victory over India at the Oval on Sunday. Hosts England and the seven highest ranked teams at the cut-off date of September 30, 2017, receive direct qualification for the next World Cup. "Pakistan was the underdog coming into the final but there was a feeling of destiny about it", Hussey wrote in his column for the International Cricket Council (ICC) describing his first experience on watching the arch-rivals play.
He said this is one victory that Pakistan fans will remember for long.
Sarfraz Ahmed may be made Pakistan's Test captain.
While majority of the fans celebrated the win in the right way, there were a few insane ones who took joy in insulting Indian cricketers when they were returning back to the pavilion.
"I hope this win will boost Pakistan cricket and hopefully all the (major) playing nations will come to Pakistan", said Sarfraz.
"Credit to them, they outplayed us in all departments". But some officials believe the eight-team event is now too similar to the World Cup which the ICC, controversially, has decided should be contested by just 10 teams from the 2019 event in England.
"There is exciting talent available to India".
For Pakistan, pacers Mohammad Amir and Hasan Ali bagged three wickets each.
Title-holders India, set 339 to win, collapsed to 33 for three and 54 for five against a Pakistan side they had thrashed by 124 runs in their tournament opener at Edgbaston on June 4. We now have two years to identify a squad we want to take forward and give them enough game time.
- Pres. Trump Congratulates Republicans for Special Election Wins
- Officer in Seattle shooting: 'I don't have a taser'
- Congressman's condition 'more difficult' than first thought
- Your Ford Focus to be built in China starting in 2019
- The Galaxy Tab S3 is now available in India for ₹47990
- Ronaldo summoned to answer judge's questions on tax fraud
- US Continues to Drill for Oil, Crude Prices Fall Further
- Democrats despondent, Trump emboldened after GOP victory in Georgia special election
- Mayor promises Stanley Cup parade, but plans unclear so far
- Mark Wahlberg Is Probably Done With the Transformers Movies