In South Carolina's under-the-radar race, former GOP state Rep. Ralph Norman beat Democrat Archie Parnell on Tuesday to grab the seat vacated by Rep. Mick Mulvaney, Trump's director of the Office of Management and Budget.
"I think that our leadership owes us an explanation of what happened, how resources were spent but also a plan going forward, and that's got to be a part of the discussion", he said.
The Georgia victory was an important win for the Republican party, following Mr Ossoff's better-than-expected performance in the first-round election last month, but has left Democrats frustrated after a record-breaking funding drive failed to generate a win.
Her tough race, combined with close GOP House victories in Kansas, Montana and SC, suggests Trump will dominate the coming election cycle, forcing Republicans to make peace with him, for better or worse. "Democrats have aimed to leverage Trump's dismal approval rating and opposition to the Republican health-care bill into winning Republican seats and potentially taking control of the House in 2018".
Republican strategist Brian Robinson told Elliot that he believes Handel's win will be a blueprint for other Republican Congressional candidates looking to win in a district where President Trump may not be popular.
Last night Republicans won two special House elections in Georgia and in SC.
He said: 'Well, the Special Elections are over and those that want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN are 5 and O!
Democrats had hoped Georgia would provide a breakthrough for a party trying to harvest electoral victories from the grassroots anti-Trump activism seen in marches on Washington and boisterous crowds at town hall meetings around the country.
But the President said the goal of Democrats is obvious right now.
Sabato, who heads the University of Virginia Center for Politics, said he heard from several senior Democrats Tuesday night who were less than pleased with Pelosi's impact on the Georgia race.
"Any President in his shoes would do exactly what he's doing, and that is impress the voters with the fact that he withstood assaults on four different states and Republicans won all four", he added.
But Republican voters supported their party even if they didn't support their president.
Election returns show Handel won Cobb County with 61 percent of the vote.
- Democrats despondent, Trump emboldened after GOP victory in Georgia special election
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Mayor promises Stanley Cup parade, but plans unclear so far
- Spanish state prosecutor accuses Jose Mourinho of tax fraud
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Portugal goal against Mexico annulled after video review
- The Galaxy Tab S3 is now available in India for ₹47990
- Dem loss in Georgia underscores party challenges
- Mark Wahlberg Is Probably Done With the Transformers Movies