The Sacramento Kings have selected Kentucky Wildcats guard De'Aaron Fox with the fifth overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. Fox generally has been projected to go to Phoenix or Sacramento (picks four or five), but the ground under this draft is shifting quickly and Fox said he has no idea where he will be taken.
"It's gratifying", Fox said following the selection. "I didn't even know I was that fast until Coach Cal kept telling me to run". Fox's attack mentality was on display during the NCAA tournament when he scored 39 points against Ball and UCLA to lead Kentucky past the Bruins and into the Elite Eight. He made 13 of 20 shots in a head-to-head matchup against Lone Ball and made all but two of his 15 shots from the charity stripe. He averaged 3.9 points and 3.8 rebounds per game.
Q. De'Aaron, I think you had said before the draft you thought you were the best point guard in this draft.
Injuries led to Fox turning in an inconsistent freshman year at Kentucky, but his National Basketball Association potential was still clear. But the Kings should not be done addressing the point guard position.
"Yeah, it's going to be good to at least have kind of a familiar face out there", he said. "How do we play this?" Defensively that's playing the passing lanes, just getting your hands on balls.
"Sac-ra-men-to!" chanted a group of people decked out in Kings gear at Sacramento International Airport. Monk was the first freshman to win the league scoring title since 1989 when Chris Jackson accomplished the feat at LSU.
"We are building here something special", Divac said. Jackson's biggest improvement came as a perimeter shooter where he converted 36.8 percent of his 3-point shots, compared to just 29.2 percent as a sophomore. They also helped land Wall the first All-NBA selection of his career. Karl-Anthony Towns was the first pick two years ago.
Giles worked out for the Kings, who are taking a gamble on a guy with a high upside but also a history of knee injuries.
- SL Green Realty Corporation (SLG) Stake Lowered by Lazard Asset Management LLC
- Amazon buying Whole Foods in bold move into brick and mortar
- Pres. Trump Congratulates Republicans for Special Election Wins
- Mayor promises Stanley Cup parade, but plans unclear so far
- Draft is next up during NBA's dizzying days of deals
- In video, girl begs mother for quiet after Castile shooting
- ICC awards Afghanistan, Ireland Test status
- Obama tears new proposed health care bill apart on his Facebook account
- India's opposition pitch Dalit for president
- Congressman's condition 'more difficult' than first thought