The Congress-led Opposition, on the other hand, can be accused of reproducing the familiar dynastic traits by picking Meira Kumar, the daughter of late Dalit leader and former deputy prime minister Jagjivan Ram.
The Chief Minister on his return from Delhi will finalise the details of the meeting and its venue, said a senior TRS leader.
In the meeting of the BJP MLAs and the allies, the legislators with a voice vote endorsed the candidature of Ramnath Kovind for the post of president.
This time around, there are around 39,965 votes of fence-sitting parties such as the AAP, the INLD and the AIMIM and some Independents, which have not yet opened their cards about which candidate to back.
Bhupender Yadav, Kovind's authorised representative for the presidential poll, said he has come to Lucknow to seek support from the members the electoral college.
The counting of votes will take place on July 20. He will visit Dehradoon on Monday, the state capital of the BJP ruled state Uttarakhand. "It is his doing, not us", Azad told reporters on being asked about Kumar's remark on opposition's presidential candidate Meira Kumar. Kovind has the numbers and he is likely to get 62 per cent electoral college vote (electoral college comprises of all elected MPs and MLAs of 29 states and seven union territories) to get him through. The "Bihar Beti" qualification would be a snub to the current Chief Minister of the State, Nitish Kumar, who though had earlier sought a consensus candidate against the BJP nominee, has already declared his support for Kovind.
However, political parties in Tripura seem to have mostly opposed Kovind, BJP's dark horse for the Presidential election this year, save BJP itself of course.
National Democratic Alliance's (NDA) presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind will file the nomination papers for the July 17 presidential election in presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah and all top leaders of the alliance on June 23.
Kovind, if elected, will be the second from the dalit community to occupy the highest constitutional office, the first being KR Narayanan.
The name of the two-term Rajya Sabha member did not figure among the probables but his nomination by the BJP is now being seen as a "political masterstroke".
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Jeremy Corbyn gets rock star welcome at Glastonbury Festival
- Another leadership test for Pelosi, who's weathered many
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Top smartphones for gaming
- NDA nominee Ram Nath meets UP MPs for support
- Federer demolishes Zverev to win ninth Halle title
- Salman Khan's Tubelight fails to break 100 crore during opening weekend
- Freed US student `brutalised´ by North Korea captors - father
- Manhunt launched after convicts overpower guards and escape prison bus