The film was released on June 23 and is the big Eid release this year.
Here is the area-wise distribution of Tubelight in the overseas market - U.S. and Canada - Rs 5.69 crore, UK - Rs 2.15 crore, Australia - Rs 1.50 crore, New Zealand - Rs 82 lakh, Malaysia - 9 lakh and Germany - Rs 18 lakh. The emotional drama flick has earned 64.77 crores* at the Indian box office.
Tubelight collected around 20.20 Crore net from the first day of release.
Sunday (1st Weekend): There were a lot of expectations from the forthcoming Sunday. They are all my friends, Kabir, Salman, I think it was a duty to do that and I am happy that I have done it okay because when you do a scene, like in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Tubelight, we don't know much about the story. Also, the company is soon going to produce films, Manikarnika -The Queen of Jhansi. While he had already shown his magic with his Eid releases like Ek Tha Tiger, Bajrangi Bhaijaan to name a few, Salman is back again this year with Kabir Khan's Tubelight. Here's a look at the third day, first weekend box office report of the movie. To stand strong the film needed increased earnings on Saturday but the movie failed to get that extra support from the public. Occupancy of more than 65% observed in many theaters across the country because of Eid. In fact, Tubelight's first weekend collection is a whopping Rs 19 crore less than his 2014 hit, Kick (Rs 83.83 cr), which is at number 4 in this list. But it is not Salman alone, but viewers too are talking about the little boy Matin Ray Tangu whom people rate as a shining star.
United States:Not so great business in United States. "But the numbers this time are very ordinary - so ordinary that Bhai himself can count the money his movie has earned so far". This is not classical Salman Khan. After collecting just 21 crores nett in India on Day 1, the film scripted its own fate. However, the film has crossed the mark of Rs. 100 crores worldwide within its first weekend (3 days), the film has entered in Rs. 100 crore club worldwide.
- It was heartbreaking to leave Ant-Man: Edgar Wright
- Fleury leads Vegas Golden Knights' expansion draft choices
- Minimum wage killing Seattle jobs, according to UW study
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Death toll from Pakistan attacks climbs to 73
- Jeremy Corbyn gets rock star welcome at Glastonbury Festival
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Nevada Senator Opposes Healthcare Bill, Now The 5th Republican
- Jose Mourinho accused of tax fraud in Spain
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury