After the interviewer asked him why he thinks she's the best "female player" and not just the best player in the world, John responded with, "Well because if she was in, if she played the men's circuit she'd be like 700 in the world".
"I don't want anything to go wrong with Serena because she's pregnant, I don't want to upset her".
When asked if he would like to apologise for his comments, the tennis legend said was emphatic in his response.
"Why don't you combine ..."
Williams revealed that she learned she was expecting a baby just before the Australian Open, which she won, and that wasn't something she or her boyfriend had planned.
A third "battle of the sexes" match took place in 1992 between American former world number one Jimmy Connors, aged 40 at the time, and Czech/American Martina Navratilova, who was 35. Am I having a baby? She said she had felt off her game, but thought her hormones were acting up.
While talking about her surprise pregnancy, she said, "I don't know what to do with a baby. I do, but the reality of what would happen would be I think something that perhaps it'd be a little higher, perhaps it'd be a little lower", he said.
Retired tennis player John McEnroe doubled down on his comments regarding Serena Williams Tuesday night.
"I've got a solution", McEnroe said.
But Ohanian didn't pay much attention to tennis before he met her, and had no idea how tough she was.
And while she will miss the remainder of the 2017 season, Williams looks forward to hitting the court with her new fan in the stands in January 2018.
Where would the 58-year-old McEnroe rank himself on the men's tennis circuit if he played today?
"Do they say that about girl basketball players, that they're as good as Michael Jordan, for example?"
But she took a pregnancy test only after a friend's nagging, dismissing the idea as a joke and taking it while she was working on her hair and makeup for a sponsor appearance. "This is happening sooner than later, and it's going by so fast". At present, Andy Murray is the current top ranked ATP Tour player while Uzbekistan' Temur Ismailov holds down the 500th spot.
"I would hope that I would win against Serena", said Tursunov in an interview with the BBC.
- US Warns Syria Preparing Another Chemical Attack, Threatens Retaliation
- Jon Watts to helm Spider-Man: Homecoming 2
- Salman Khan's Tubelight fails to break 100 crore during opening weekend
- Opposition's Presidential Candidate Meira Kumar To File Nomination On Wednesday
- Fourth of July in Skokie includes double feature of parade, fireworks
- Cosby Jury Deadlocks; Judge Orders Further Deliberations
- New cyberattack causes mass disruption in Europe
- Laura Ingraham Backs Away From Sean Spicer's Job
- Iran warns missile attack on IS in Syria can be repeated
- Shooter of Republican lawmakers a fan of leftist Sanders