A police report says that tennis ace Venus Williams is responsible for a auto accident earlier this month in Florida, which caused injuries to a 78-year-old man who later died.
Barson was transported to the hospital and placed in the intensive care unit while his spouse was treated for injuries including broken bones, her attorney Michael Steinger told the website.
Venus Williams is allegedly at fault in a vehicle crash that left one man dead, according to reports.
Police say they are still investigating.
The other driver says there was no time to stop and she T-boned Venus' vehicle.
Police told the Palm Beach Post that there was no evidence Williams was under the influence of alcohol or any other drugs, or was distracted by an electronic device. After undergoing multiple surgeries, he died two weeks later.
Williams has not been cited or charged.
The Barsons' attorney confirmed that Linda had sustained injuries as well, but offered little other comment. She has not, as of yet, been issued any citations or traffic violations.
Williams, a victor of seven Grand Slam singles titles, is expected to play in her 20th Wimbledon tournament next month. The police report estimates that Ms Williams was travelling at 5mph when Mrs Barson crashed into her.
Mr Cunningham said his client extended her "deepest condolences" to Mr Barson's family, adding that the incident had been an "unfortunate accident".
- Time Magazine Asks Trump To Remove Fake Cover
- New cyberattack causes mass disruption in Europe
- Tristan Thompson surprises Khloe Kardashian for her 33rd birthday
- Laura Ingraham Backs Away From Sean Spicer's Job
- DPRK to impose death penalty on former ROK president
- Star Wars Creator Aims to Break Convention with New Museum
- Trump, Obama both to blame for Russian Federation hacking: diplomat
- Iran warns missile attack on IS in Syria can be repeated
- Microsoft warns of 'elevated risk of cyber attacks'
- The 592HP Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Will Cost a Shocking $192200