"Now we have the first time Spider-Man in the Marvel Universe where he belongs", he stated at the premiere, adding "I sort of am still pinching myself". It was produced by Marvel Studios which reached a deal with Sony to share the rights to Spider-Man.
Comicbook enthusiasts from The Hollywood Reporter's "Heat Vision" blog attended the "Spider-Man" premiere.
"Spider-man: Homecoming" comes home on movie screens on July 7.
"No", he started when asked about Tom Holland's Spider-Man making an appearance.
Per the official PlayStation Twitter account, you can check out four minutes of new Spider-Man: Homecoming footage via the PlayStation Store. His solo flick, which only monetarily benefits Sony, has had to work to fully revitalize the character and his story. Holland was a flawless fit, they had a comedy director and writers, and were giving us a proper high school version of Peter Parker, with a massively talented - and also just massive - ensemble cast to complement him. But it's nice that it also represents a homecoming into the Marvel universe.
But Spider-Man finally strikes gold when he attempts to stop legit baddies, a group of bank robbers who are armed with unsafe alien-tech weapons. The fact that he's a kid superhero in the world of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy opens up a whole new world of possibilities in terms of stories you can tell.
The beginning of Spider-Man: Homecoming may look familiar - the Avengers knocking the stuffing out of each other on a tarmac in Berlin, a clash of titans we witnessed in last year's Captain America: Civil War. Next time out, I'll discuss if it actually is the best Marvel movie in their MCU yet, though I think it just might be. Thinking about the possible ways to breathe life back into the "Spider-Man" franchise, the studio considered releasing a new standalone series, as well as reintroducing the web slinger in the film "Sinister Six", which unfortunately was eventually scrapped.
Although he may've known a bit about Coach Wilson, it was clear that the man was not Buress.
- Star Wars Creator Aims to Break Convention with New Museum
- Behind the iPhone: Factories in China
- May sets light to energy price cap proposals in Queen's Speech
- Venus Williams reportedly causes fatal crash
- Carrie Lam Is Sworn In as Hong Kong's First Female Leader
- Cosby Jury Deadlocks; Judge Orders Further Deliberations
- 1 in 5 support Republican health care bill
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses On The Cover Of Vanity Fair
- 'Despicable Me 3' review: No more Mr. Bad Guy
- Google Hit With $2.7 Billion Fine In The EU