"We do NOT believe this incident was an active shooter or terror-related incident".
Authorities said the nightclub shooting may be connected to a dozen drive-by shootings over the previous nine days. The notice states the club must move out of the property within three days "due to your failure to maintain the premises in a safe condition".
Ricky Hampton, a Memphis-based rapper known as Finese 2Tymes, was arrested at a Birmingham nightclub on July 2.
All of the victims are expected to survive.
"One is too many", Mr Buckner said.
Somehow, the chief said, those people found another way in.
Witness Frankie Bledsaw, who attended the concert with his brother and friends, said there was a "good mood" in the club until the shooting began.
Hampton was onstage then on a break between sets, as seen in attendee Darryl Rankin's Facebook video from the audience.
One patron was recording on Facebook Live during the incident when shots were fired.
About 100 people gathered at Second Baptist Church on Saturday night for a candlelight vigil, seeking healing for those injured, and the community.
Courtney Swanigan said she was near the front of the club with her sister when gunfire erupted.
The youngest victim was a 16-year-old boy, police said.
Rada Bunch, a woman waiting outside the club in the aftermath of the shooting, said she feared her son may have been shot in the incident. "Some people call it a mass shooting".
Apparently, the gunshots occurred on the second story of the building, littering the floor level with broken glass. So far, no suspects have been arrested in the case, but the police are still continuing their investigation.
"I would hope not", Buckner said of a reprisal.
"All our elected officials need to take a look", Buckner said.
- Nike posts increased fourth quarter revenue
- Modi condemns killings by so-called cow protectors in India
- Donald Trump renews attack on 'dumb as a rock' female TV host
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- NJ Government Shutdown: Local Lawmakers Critical of Christie
- Adele cancels final two shows of tour
- Chuka Umunna's single market amendment was unhelpful, Tom Watson says
- Messi to marry childhood sweetheart in Argentina hometown