According to reports, witnesses told investigators that the 37-year-old ran a red light while driving her 2010 Toyota Sequoia SUV, resulting to the crash.
"Ms. Williams entered the intersection on a green light".
Venus Williams answers questions at a press conference following a loss to sister Serena in the Australian Open final on Jan 28. Adding, "Authorities did not issue Ms. Williams with any citations or traffic violations".
The accident on June 9 left Jerome Barson, a 78-year-old passenger in the other auto, with fatal injuries.
According to reports, Barson suffered head trauma and spinal injuries, and was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was placed in the ICU.
It has emerged over the last few days that in the wake of the accident, the widowed wife of 79-year-old Jerome Barson, Linda Barson, is now suing Venus Williams.
Williams is facing a lawsuit from the family of the victim.
Williams, who last won Wimbledon in 2008, was unable to convert two match points in the second set before a rain break, but she returned to serve out for victory.
As another round of competition kicks off at Wimbledon, the world-famous athlete couldn't avoid questions from the media about her involvement in a fatal auto accident.
Williams was driving her vehicle when Linda and Jerome were in their auto crossing an intersection.
However, Michael Cunningham, who is Williams' attorney, said that police have stated that his client was only driving at 5 miles per hour.
While it was the above exchange that provoked Venus Williams to crack and cry over the accident, she already had to contend with one or two other questions regarding the vehicle crash during the press conference.
- Trump Approves New US-Mexico Petroleum Pipeline
- Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro Offers an Extra Dose of insane
- Several injured after Little Rock nightclub shooting
- Venus Williams reportedly causes fatal crash
- Modi condemns killings by so-called cow protectors in India
- Adele cancels final two shows of tour
- President Trump Tweets Video of Him Tackling 'CNN' in Wrestling Ring
- NJ Government Shutdown: Local Lawmakers Critical of Christie
- Rand Paul to GOP: Pass a 'Clean Repeal Like We Promised'
- 'Despicable Me 3' review: No more Mr. Bad Guy