With this ability, he leaps into the air and then smashes into his target location, dealing significant area of effect damage. Recently, Blizzard revealed a bunch of new lore for the character on a blog post about the game.
Ever since Overwatch's launch a year ago, there have been murmurs that Blizzard would add a new character called Doomfist to its roster of playable heroes. "It can now be confirmed that what occurred was an attack by the Talon organization with the express goal of freeing one man: Akande Ogundimu, better known as Doomfist". Fans were right this time around, as the Public Test Realm has added Doomfist to the game, and an animated origins story was thrown up on the title's official YouTube channel. It does more damage if you knock an enemy into the wall. His real name is actually Akande Ogundimu and he indeed stole the vaunted Doomfist gauntlet after laying low from the prison escape. Despite that fact, its still a reveal that players have anticipated since the beginning and most are just pleased to finally get to meet him.
The fact that Orisa spent a long time in PTR could also mean that Doomfist will require a shorter or longer time in testing.
As is customary, there is also a new developer update where game director Jeff Kaplan goes into more detail about his design.
Doomfist's alternate fire is an attack called Rocket Punch, which can be charged up and causes Doomfist to dash forward, knocking back his target. He is an attacker with a variety of fist-based moves including the charging Rocket Punch, the stunning Seismic Slam, and the Street Fighter-like Rising Uppercut. Last but not least is his "Best Defense" ability which is similar to Reaper's new ability from the last update in which he generates a temporary shield whenever his other abilities damage the opposing team.
- Jay Z's 4:44 Album Goes Platinum Less Than A Week
- China dismisses Arun Jaitley's remarks over 1962 conflict
- Djokovic into second round as Klizan retires injured
- Rob Kardashian's "Revenge Porn" Jab At Blac Chyna Could Spell Trouble
- China cancels Xi-Modi meet at G20 summit amid border stand-off
- Trump says Russian Federation likely hacked but nobody 'knows for sure'
- Arab Crisis: Qatar responds to Saudi-led blockade demands
- Raiders QB Derek Carr Has a Question About Chris Paul Joining Rockets
- Amazon recruits Alexa to sell Prime subscriptions, promote deals
- France to Ban Sales of Gas, Diesel Vehicles by 2040