Through it all his wife Joan Lee, who has her own small contributions to Marvel media, has been at his side; at least until Thursday when she passed away. The spokesperson also called for the public to give Stan Lee and the rest of the Lee family some privacy and time to mourn her loss.
According to reports, Joan had been admitted to a hospital earlier this week after suffering a stroke. Stan and Joan had two children; J.C. (Joan Celia) who was born in 1950 and Jan, who was born in 1953 but passed away three days after her birth.
"I told my wife, Joanie, 'I'm going to quit.' But she said: 'Why not write it the way you want to write it?"
"I think do what you like".
Our thoughts are with Joan's loved ones during this hard time. Betty didn't answer the door. He said, 'Stan, there's this really pretty girl named Betty.
In 1981, Joan and Stan moved to California, where the latter developed Marvel TV and film works. But anyway, I took her to lunch.
Joan, a former British hat model, tied the knot with Stan in 1947.
Before meeting Stan, Joan impulsively married an American soldier during World War II, in what turned out to be an unhappy relationship. He said she had asked him to write one comic he could be proud of before quitting. Her exact cause of death hasn't yet been announced. At the time, Joan helped Stan out of his depression and pushed him to continue his career in the comic industry.
She was already married to a USA soldier after the boy she had liked as a young girl had married someone else. And thus was born the Fantastic Four. Inspirational love. My thoughts and prayers are with Stan and his family.
When he co-created Fantastic Four in 1961, he thanked Joan for being his inspiration for the project.
- Overwatch: Doomfist Revealed - Details, Abilities, and Origin Trailer
- Rob Kardashian calls out Blac Chyna for 'cheating': 'U need help'
- Takeover tussle brewing for payments processor Worldpay
- Nintendo Switch Online Smartphone App Launches On 21st July
- Iraqi PM hails 'big victory' in Mosul
- Chelsea ready to 'aggressively challenge' Man Utd for Lukaku
- France to Ban Sales of Gas, Diesel Vehicles by 2040
- Trump says Russian Federation likely hacked but nobody 'knows for sure'
- NYPD officer shot to death in 'clear assassination'
- S & U PLC (LON:SUS) Now Covered by Peel Hunt