Airport officials said they conferred with Federal Bureau of Investigation and the incident is not thought to be a national security threat.
- A 23-year-old Tampa man is facing charges after causing a flight leaving from Seattle, Washington to Beijing, China, to be diverted.
Hudek was reportedly flying on a "dependent pass" and is related to someone who works for the airline.
Hudek appeared in court on Friday in Seattle.
A passenger tried to enter the cockpit of a Delta flight Thursday night.
Hudek punched one flight attendant twice in the face and struck at least one passenger in the head with a red dessert wine bottle, it said.
Welcome to Hell: Anti G-20 Protests Erupt at Hamburg Leon Neal Getty Images
Delta planes line up at their gates while on the tarmac of Salt Lake City International Airport in Utah September 28, 2013. Two flight attendants attempted to restrain him, but it was easier said than done. He still remained combative and it took several passengers and flight attendants to hold him down during the trip back to the airport.
It says Hudek came out of a bathroom about an hour into the flight and lunged for an exit door in the first-class section. "I tried to choke him and he just threw me off like a rag doll".
Delta confirmed the incident in a statement, saying, "Flight 129 returned to Seattle following a security incident with a passenger".
And, a Canadian flight got an official escort after an incident on board. "There was a serious fight up front".
Delta Flight 129 was back in the air Friday morning, heading to Beijing.
"He started yelling for help", Jones added.
- 18 states sue Betsy DeVos for failing to implement student loan protections
- Hackers Have Been Targeting US Nukes
- The Right Place for Drug Rehab
- The Trump Job Market Looks A Lot Like The Obama Job Market
- Rob Kardashian cuts Blac Chyna off
- +220000 Jobs in June; Record 153168000 Employed
- Chelsea ready to 'aggressively challenge' Man Utd for Lukaku
- Marvel legend Stan Lee's wife Joan dies at the age of 93
- Top smartphones for gaming
- North Korean crowds celebrate military milestone as G20 kicks off