The fire is one of three in the state that grew quickly as much of California baked in heat that's broken records in Southern California.
Winds are expected to shift to a northwesterly direction pushing the fire toward the Tepusquet Canyon area, where crews spent Saturday protecting the community of about 100 homes.
The grass fire in northwestern Colorado had burned 18 square miles (47 square kilometers) and was spreading in several directions at once because of wind patterns from passing thunderstorms, fire information officer Chris Barth said.
On Thursday, the American Red Cross said it is providing shelter and meals for those affected by the blaze.
Leave now. An Evacuation Warning is issued for Paradise Rd and West Camino Cielo.
"Rumor control: law enforcement agencies are not giving out "travel passes" to allow access to closed roads", the Butte County Sheriff's Office tweeted Saturday afternoon.
There have been no immediate reports of fire-related deaths.
Two wildfires tore through western California Saturday, temporarily preventing a group of children from being evacuated from their campsite, authorities said. On Sunday, 5,000 firefighters were battling blazes on over 56,000 acres, Pacific Palisades Patch reported. The Axel fire was reported burning near Axel Court and Barrister Court.
Evacuation orders have been given to about 300 residents in the area.
"The fire continues to burn actively", the Cal Fire website said Sunday morning.
SBC Captain Mike Young took these photos from the Air Support Unit's helicopter as it was working the Alamo Fire on Friday afternoon.
The so-called Alamo Fire, feeding on bone-dry vegetation, almost tripled in size on Saturday to about 19,000 acres (7,700 hectares) on the border between San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara counties.
Brush fire in the 2400 block of Highway 154 near Camp Whittier, approximately 17 miles north of Santa Barbara.
The fire is now zero percent contained.
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Marvel legend Stan Lee's wife Joan dies at the age of 93
- India cannot subdue occupied Kashmir by force, says prime minister
- Donal Logue's Missing Daughter Is Back Home And Safe
- Microsoft to Cut Thousands of Sales Jobs
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Wimbledon 2017: Johanna Konta rejects 'favourite' tag
- Israel Slammed For Dismantling $600K West Bank Solar Project
- Samsung reports record quarterly profits
- Lewis Hamilton sets the pace in Austrian Grand Prix practice