The photo was apparently posted to Twitter by a Russian attendee at the meeting, and has since been deleted by the original poster.
Chelsea quickly responded to the tweet with a barb of her own, saying: "Good morning Mr. President". She took to Twitter to point out the likelihood that had her mother been elected president, she would have never considered bringing Chelsea into her administration, much less have her sit in for her at a G20 meeting. While life would undoubtedly be "easier" away from the White House, Ivanka appears to have embraced the opportunities that have come her way since her father became the president.
The younger Trump is photographed literally rubbing shoulders with world leaders barely two weeks after she said in an interview that she tries to "stay out of politics."
Ivanka Trump and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin accompanied Trump to the Saturday meeting.
"Ivanka Trump belonged to the American delegation, so that is in line with what other delegations do", she said. Yes, she works as the president's adviser, but more than a few eyebrows were raised at her lack of political credentials.
It was not the first time the First Daughter participated in a G20 high-level meeting.
"I'm very proud of my daughter, Ivanka, always have been, from day one, I had to tell you that, from day one", he said.
Trump then prompted some nervous laughter when he mused about whether he had made her life more hard.
- Pistons rescind qualifying offer to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- Ivanka Trump sat in for her dad at a G20 meeting
- Microsoft to Cut Thousands of Sales Jobs
- Trump team met with Kremlin-connected lawyer during campaign
- Rockets' James Harden agrees to largest contract extension in National Basketball Association history
- Wimbledon 2017: Johanna Konta rejects 'favourite' tag
- The Trump Job Market Looks A Lot Like The Obama Job Market
- Unesco recognises Hebron as Palestinian world heritage site
- Israel Slammed For Dismantling $600K West Bank Solar Project
- Marvel legend Stan Lee's wife Joan dies at the age of 93