The photo was apparently posted to Twitter by a Russian attendee at the meeting, and has since been deleted by the original poster.
Chelsea quickly responded to the tweet with a barb of her own, saying: "Good morning Mr. President". She took to Twitter to point out the likelihood that had her mother been elected president, she would have never considered bringing Chelsea into her administration, much less have her sit in for her at a G20 meeting. While life would undoubtedly be "easier" away from the White House, Ivanka appears to have embraced the opportunities that have come her way since her father became the president.
The younger Trump is photographed literally rubbing shoulders with world leaders barely two weeks after she said in an interview that she tries to "stay out of politics."
Ivanka Trump and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin accompanied Trump to the Saturday meeting.
"Ivanka Trump belonged to the American delegation, so that is in line with what other delegations do", she said. Yes, she works as the president's adviser, but more than a few eyebrows were raised at her lack of political credentials.
It was not the first time the First Daughter participated in a G20 high-level meeting.
"I'm very proud of my daughter, Ivanka, always have been, from day one, I had to tell you that, from day one", he said.
Trump then prompted some nervous laughter when he mused about whether he had made her life more hard.
- Samsung reports record quarterly profits
- Game of Thrones episode synopses for July revealed
- Lalu Prasad Yadav and his family raided by CBI over corruption charges
- Pistons rescind qualifying offer to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- India cannot subdue occupied Kashmir by force, says prime minister
- Donal Logue's Missing Daughter Is Back Home And Safe
- Fabio Aru claimed his maiden Tour de France win in Paris
- 18 states sue Betsy DeVos for failing to implement student loan protections
- Lewis Hamilton sets the pace in Austrian Grand Prix practice
- Musk Shows Off First Tesla Model 3 on Twitter