Remember how a lot of fans were confidently saying that Ben Affleck's script will still be used, although he isn't sitting in the director's chair anymore? In a new interview, director Matt Reeves confirmed what many had long suspected. A small bomb for all fans of Ben Affleck, who were eager to discover how the 44-year-old actor would resume the story of his own character. It's just starting again. "The original Batman stories were really a kind of noir, and I'd love to explore this character in an intimate way with this noirish point of view".
Reeves' next movie is War for the Planet of the Apes, which hits theaters this weekend. Obviously, we all expected the new director to rewrite this script by putting his paw on it, but the American director made a decision to go even further. Well, maybe Affleck, Terrio, and Johns' script was lacking in shadows, because Reeves just revealed on MTV's Happy Sad Confused podcast that he's scrapped that draft. However, Reeves clearly has a vision, and giving him as much freedom as he needs may result in an incredible film.
Meanwhile, Reeves also reveals that he initially told Warner Bros. that his involvement in the project would need to allow for his creative control.
The Hollywood Reporter credited Batman-News with the assist in pointing out the informative bat-tidbit.
Affleck will next be seen playing Batman in "Justice League" coming out November 17. Joe Manganiello has been cast for the role. He wanted the Dark Knight to be seen as a true detective in a noir setting. Pictures' next Batman movie.
He said: "I think there's a chance to do an nearly noir-drive, detective version of Batman that is point of view driven in a very, very powerful way that is hopefully going to connect you to what's going on inside of his head and inside of his heart".
- Ivanka's life would be 'so much easier' if she weren't my daughter
- Sixteen reported dead in military plane crash in Mississippi
- Oil pares gains despite U.S. drawdowns as stocks still high
- Psy's Gangnam Style loses position as YouTube's most played video
- Wonder Woman May Be Set in the 80s, Bring Chris Pine Back
- Check Out This Cool STRANGER THINGS Season 2 Poster!
- Multiple GOP senators claim that Obamacare replacement bill is probably dead
- What time is Andy Murray on TV at Wimbledon?
- China bears 'heavy responsibility' for Liu death: Nobel
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: Cagefighter's Racist Trash Talk Ignored by Champ