When asked if anything got to him, the 40-year-old added: 'A lot of people say that Conor McGregor is racist but I'm not anxious about that.
Should Trump ultimately decide at the last minute to attend Mayweather-McGregor, he has an open invitation from White, who spoke on his behalf at last year's Republican National Convention. I don't know what that has got to do with race. "Hell no!" McGregor roared to the outdoor crowd in Toronto.
Mayweather, undefeated in 49 professional fights over the course of 21 years, admitted his best days are behind him but insisted he'd knock the Irishman down like a bowling pin.
After a first press conference held in Los Angeles on Tuesday brought the fighters face-to-face for the first time, Mayweather and McGregor took their promotional tour to Toronto on Wednesday where things only got more heated. McGregor said. "Dance for me, boy!".
McGregor was still fired up about the fact his mic cut out during Monday's presser in Los Angeles, which he believes Showtime did deliberately.
With two more press stops left, the sports world will be monitoring McGregor's word choice.
"If you believe in yourself like you say you believe in yourself, bet your whole fight check", Mayweather said.
Chants of "pay your taxes" broke out at one point during the press conference with McGregor's name also being said repeatedly when Mayweather would try to talk.
The Black Privilege author made sure to specify that McGregor calling Mayweather "boy" wasn't as bad as using the N-word, but the word boy is a not so distance cousin to the racial slur, and has been used historically to diminish a black man's manhood.
Mayweather didn't say much, but in this show, he's the other guy. "You may not think boy means anything, but you've never heard boy from a racist bigot cr***er-ass cr***er from down south". McGregor, the UFC's best known fighter, last fought in November, an MMA Lightweight Championship bout that he won by TKO at Madison Square Garden, here in the city.
And while the combo of Mayweather and McGregor are younger, more agile and quantifiably more handsome than Jagger and Richards, the guarantee of entertainment complete with the potential for a backstage boxing match is always on the table.
- Trump's voter fraud commission forced to pause data collection
- NY Trooper Shot And Killed In Jefferson County
- Western Canada wildfires prompt state of emergency and evacuations
- People who drink coffee live longer, say studies
- 'Batman' director reveals he scrapped Ben Affleck's script for movie
- A Week After Legalization, Nevada Weed Dispensaries Are Already Sold Out
- Kid Rock for Senate? He Says It's Real!
- China bears 'heavy responsibility' for Liu death: Nobel
- Multiple GOP senators claim that Obamacare replacement bill is probably dead
- World stock markets cheered by healthy economy, dollar firm